Simply Windsor Castle Tour from London with Transportation and Audio Guides
Explore Windsor Castle independently on a day trip from London, and hear its incredible history from an audio guide! While walking around at your own pace, prepare to be amazed by the castle’s striking State Apartments. Learn about King Henry VIII, who once lived in the castle, and see his final resting place at St George’s Chapel before returning to London.
Highlights of the day:
Entry to Windsor Castle State Apartments
See Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and Visit St George’s Chapel
Audio Guide available at Windsor Castle in multiple languages (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish)
Return Transportation in luxury air conditioned vehicle
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Admission to Windsor Castle
- Entry to Windsor Castle State Apartments
- Audio guides at Windsor Castle (subject to availability)
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
What's excluded :
- Tour guide. Please note that this tour is unescorted
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Departing from Central London, your driver will take you straight to Windsor Castle for an extended visit. Upon arrival at Windsor Castle audio guides are available in different languages.
Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Dating back to Norman times, with sweeping landscaped gardens and turreted Round Tower, it’s easy to see why it’s the Queen’s favorite weekend residence. Enjoy a fascinating through–the–keyhole peek at the lavish State Apartments, home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci, and visit St. George’s Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII. You can visit Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, a truly incredible structure complete with working lifts, running water, electricity and wine bottles, all in miniature!
This tour is unescorted and you will spend approximately 2 hours at Windsor Castle.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W, UK
Return Detail :Gloucester Road, South Kensington, London SW7 4SF, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Audio guides are available at Windsor Castle in multiple languages (English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish)- subject to availability.
- St. George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
- *During Peak Periods, Additional Vehicles Without Wi-Fi May Be Used
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House is currently closed until further notice.
- Most travellers can participate
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 53 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Some attractions may have different social distancing measures in place, but the safety and comfort of customers and staff is always the main priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.