Silver Circle Small Group Day Tour | Canyon Baths, Waterfalls & Sagas
Explore the home of the Icelandic Sagas on our Silver Circle Day tour of the wild landscapes of West Iceland, visiting magical waterfalls, spectacular canyon baths, powerful hot springs and much more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission fee to Canyon Baths
- Free Wi-Fi on bus
- Pick up and drop off within Reykjavik
- Entry/Admission - Husafell Canyon Baths
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Deildartunguhver Thermal Spring, Road 50, Reykholt Iceland
Deildartunguhver is the first sight on the tour - the most powerful hot spring in Europe, which is so strong that it provides hot water and power for the locals for miles around.
After spending some time walking amongst the steaming clouds of vapor at Deildartunguhver, we’ll move onto Hraunfossar, also known as the “Lava Waterfalls”.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hraunfossar, Road 518, Husafell 311 Iceland
Hraunfossar are a majestic waterfalls that stretch for nearly a kilometer over ancient lava fields, with meltwater from the Langjokull glacier pouring into the Hvita river, seen from several viewing platforms.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Barnafoss, Mooruvallavegur Möðruvellir 5, Reykholt, Borgarbyggd Iceland
Just a few yards away is Barnafoss, also known as “the waterfall of the children”, a name it was given when two local children tragically fell from a stone bridge into the waters here. The grieving mother had the bridge destroyed to save others from her sad fate.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Husafell, Husafell, West Region
Our next stop is Husafell, a breathtaking woodland oasis and a historical site with traditional turf houses and even some “elf huts” to delight the children too. You’ll also see intriguing works by local artists, as well as the famous “Lifting Stone of Husafell”.
From Husafell, you’ll now be transported in 4WD cars further inland to the Deildargil Canyon, where you’ll see Langifoss, a towering two-tiered waterfall. Very few people know about Langifoss, as it’s not mentioned on many maps, so this is a special treat.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Husafell Canyon Baths, Húsafell, Iceland
The best part of the tour comes next, as we take you to the Canyon Baths, an enchanting and exclusive experience, a traditional Icelandic hotpot found deep in the magnificent Hringsgil canyon.
Three geothermally-heated stone pools of varying temperatures (30-41°C or 86-105°F), have been built here, along with a cold-water pot and a cooling waterfall, using traditional methods and materials.
The Canyon Baths are an extremely peaceful and relaxing place too, as they allow no more than twenty visitors at a time.
Sustainably built in a remote location, it’s a wonderful place in which to relax and unwind, imagining what it was like for the early settlers to bathe in the same way.
The Canyon Bath are situated in a protected natural environment, so that means no soaps can be used in the showers, but guests are welcome to use the facilities at Husafell for free as well. Bathing shoes and towels are also provided for you.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Reykholt, Reykholt, Borgarbyggd, West Region
Our last stop is at Reykholt, which used to be the medieval home of Snorri Sturluson, a famous Icelandic historian and chieftain. Here you’ll find Snorralaug (Snorri’s Pool), another traditional natural hot spring, where local people have bathed since the 12th century.
From there, we will return you to the capital city, after a day of wonder and exploration in the wilds of West Iceland.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up starts at 8:30 and usually takes around 30 minutes. If hotel is located in the area closed for the commercial traffic guest will be notified about the designated meeting point within 24 hours after booking is made Ports
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- When arriving in Iceland all guests are required to be tested for the COVID-19 at the airport, before they are allowed to participate in any activities. Test results are available within couple hours. Therefore while in Iceland rules a bit more relaxed than in most of the countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.