The Sillar Route is an experience to know the origin and history of the "sillar" volcanic stone with which the most important buildings in Arequipa have been built. The tour includes the visit to the quarries to appreciate the elaboration, mega-detail of the material in the middle of a fascinating environment.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water - one
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Ruta Del Sillar
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ruta Del Sillar, Canteras de anashuayco, cerro colorado, Arequipa 04017 Peru
08: 00-08: 30 A.M - We make pick-ups of the hotels located in the center of Arequipa.
08:30 A.M - We begin our journey to the Ruta del Sillar which is a tourist route with a lot of history and living culture, where you can visit quarries and areas where ashlar originated. The first point where we will stop will be the Añashuayco Quarry; which we will reach in 45 minutes approx. Currently it is in operation, the stonemasons perform their work from very early; in the place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with farallones (walls of ignimbrita) that have several meters of height, formed by the extraction for the formation of the Ashlars. At this point we will tell you the history of sillar, the elaboration and the use that has been given to you since always. In this quarry you can see a Mega-carving of the Church of the Society of Jesus made by the stonemasons themselves. We can also visit some of them so that they can explain to us how their daily work is and they can make us experience cutting one of their stone blocks ourselves.
Then we will move to the Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is 30 minutes away from Añashuayco. Arriving at this point we will make a walk of approximately 20 minutes inside the small canyon formed by the passage of water, which has walls of 15 to 20 meters, while we enter it the walls of the canyon are increasing in height. At the end of the walk we can see petroglyphs made by the Wari culture more than a thousand years ago. Before returning to the city we will observe the Apachetas which are stone formations placed one on top of the other that are a symbol of gratitude towards nature and also attraction of good luck which cause a mystical sensation.
11:30 A.M - We will start the return journey to the city of Arequipa.
12:30 P.M - We will arrive at the center of Arequipa and we will leave them at Calle Zela Cuadra 03.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up the hotels that are located in the center of Arequipa.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.