The Route of the Sillar, is an immense quarry of sillar (stone of volcanic origin), that forms spectacular gorges, similar to those of Petra in Jordan, you can also see petroglyphs and appreciate the way of extraction of the stones.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Canteras de Sillar
- Entry/Admission - Quebrada de Culebrillas
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canteras de Sillar, Quebrada de Anashuayco, Arequipa Peru
Our first visit will be the quarry called Añashuayco. Being still in full operation, it has become a huge canyon with white walls about 30 meters high. The alarifes explain in the same place their work techniques and the uses of volcanic stone.
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Quebrada de Culebrillas, Cerro Colorado District 04400, Peru
the Quebrada de Culebrillas, quarry of sillar that is not yet in operation. In a 20-minute walk, we will observe some petroglyphs impregnated on the walls of the creek. On returning to the city we will observe the Apachetas, stone mounds that represent a mystical tradition for the locals.
Duration: 35 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up is only in the Historic Center, if your accommodation is far from the point of concentration is our office
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.