Silfra Drysuit Snorkeling Including Free Photos
Snorkel in between two continents at one of the top diving sites in the planet! Silfra is located in Iceland’s National Park, Thingvellir. It is a fissure that was formed by the divergent tectonic drift of the Eurasian and North American plates.
What makes Silfra exceptionally unique is not only its geological significance, but it is also world-renowned for its crystal clear, fresh glacial water. This is constantly fed with a steady stream of 100m+ visibility drinkable water that creates the unique bio-diversity in this fissure.
We are the only operator in Silfra offering both drysuit and wetsuit together. This means multiple people in your group can book their preferred option.
We include photos as standard so you don't have the hassle of handling your own camera, but you are welcome to bring one! Our guides have all been doing this for years and know the best spots to take pictures of you and your group.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Underwater photos
- PADI Divemaster/ Instructor or equivalent
- Hot chocolate
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
What's excluded :
- Pick up and drop off in Reykjavik
- Clothing suitable for the weather, for example waterproofs
Meet us at Thingvellir National Park, about 50 km from Reykjavik. Once you have met your PADI divemaster certified guide, he or she will be going through the procedure and safety measures of your tour. After, you will put on your gear and head to an exotic underwater canyon/fissure, Silfra, created as the continental plates drift apart at a rate of about 2 cm per year. Silfra is a freshwater fissure where you can see at least 100 meters ahead of you. The water here is so clear and pristine it feels like flying. The approximate time in the water is around 40 minutes. Before leaving you'll have a delicious hot chocolate prepared by your guide for the day.
We do have the option to pre-book a wetsuit on another listing. Booking a wetsuit is recommended for people who want to have the chance to dive down or who are scuba divers without the required certifications for the scuba dive. For the wetsuit it is recommended that you are a confident swimmer, if you are not then the drysuit is best for you. To cater to everyone's desires we are the only company that has wetsuits and drysuits allowing them to be in the same group.
• Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
Departure Point :Dive Silfra, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- All participants must know how to swim and be comfortable in water
- All participants must be able to communicate in English
- Please note that that dry suits can sometimes feel quite tight and constricting, especially around the neck and wrists
- Minimum age is 14 years, please reach out regarding younger participants & Participants over the age of 65 need to get a physicians approval
- Be at minimum 145cm (4’9) tall / maximum 200cm (6’7) tall, and be at minimum 45kg (99 lbs) / maximum 120kg (264 lbs)
- Don't wear glasses, instead bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask (if you have one)
- Recommended to bring a change of clothes (the drysuit has a very small chance of leaking)
- Wear/ bring outdoor clothing, thermals/ base layers, thick socks, a hat, gloves and a scarf
- Not recommended for people with claustrophobia (Wetsuit can be a better option if you are)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- All our equipment and vehicles are thoroughly washed and sanitized after each use.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.