Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Habarana
(SKU: LK60321200) This private day trip will visit three famous destinations in Sri Lanka, one is historical, another cultural, and the final destination a place where man meets nature. The historical destination is the rock fortress, Sigiriya; the cultural destination is the beautiful rural village, and the final nature destination is the Minneriya National Park.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Habarana.
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Safari jeep for the safari in Minneriya National park.
- 2 x 500 ml water bottles per person.
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets to the visiting sites. (Sigiriya Rock, Village Tour, and Minneriya National Park)
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya Craft Village
- Entry/Admission - Minneriya National Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
You will be picked up from your hotel at 8.00
You will reach Sigiriya at 9 am. You will climb up the rock through the magnificent entrance flanked by two lion paws, which once formed the base of the lion that the entire rock was carved as. Now only the paws remain of this marvel of architecture that may have rivalled the Sphinx of Egypt in its heyday.
From here onward you will enter the domain of the ancient king Kashyapa, who ruled in the 5th century CE. You will get to see many wonders, advanced beyond their time; multi-tiered gardens, unfading frescoes, a mirror wall and much more. After viewing these sights you will climb back down with the aid of your guide to leave for your next destination at 11 am.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sigiriya Craft Village, Kimbissa, Sigiriya Sri Lanka
The Sigiriya Village Tour gives you a chance to experience traditional Sri Lanka with all its authenticity. Spend time with the villagers and understand village life. Engage in many village activities that form everyday life; such as an oxen cart ride, a catamaran ride and a walk through the fields. Learn to cook traditional Sri Lankan food. You will finish off with an exceptionally delicious buffet lunch, served in classic Sri Lankan style. This is your truly Sri Lankan holiday experience
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Minneriya National Park, Maradankadawala-Habarana-Thirukkondaiadimadu Highway, 50150 Sri Lanka
This intensive safari experience will give you the chance to go on a game drive through the Minneriya National Park, famed for its elephant gatherings. In addition, your safari guide you will help you catch sight of a number of flora and fauna native to Sri Lanka. Avid birdwatchers will love this safari as well.You will be travelling in a rough terrain (4WD) game vehicle.
About the Park:
The Minneriya National Park first began its operations in 1938 as a Wildlife Sanctuary, and later in 1997 it was designated as a national park. Situated in the dry zone, the park receives between just 1500 - 2000 millimeters of annual rainfall.The wildlife in the park include 24 species of mammals, 160 species of birds, 9 species of amphibians, 25 species of reptiles, 26 species of fish, and 75 species of butterflies.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Habarana
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.