Sigiriya Day Tour From Colombo
Sigiriya, an ancient palace, was once nominated as the 8th wonder of the world. Sigiriya and Dambulla are a UNESCO recognized heritage site and a major tourist attraction.
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Royal Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dambulla Royal Cave Temple, Kandy - Jaffna Highway, Dambulla 21100 Sri Lanka
Also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site in Sri Lanka, situated in the central part of the country is 72 Km north of Kandy. Dambulla is the largest and best-preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka. The rock towers 160 m over the surrounding plains. There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding area. Major attractions are spread over five caves, which contain statues and paintings. There is a total of 153 Buddha statues, three statues of Sri Lankan kings and four statues of gods and goddesses.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Sigiriya is an ancient rock fortress located in the Matale District The name refers to a site of historical and archaeological significance that is dominated by a massive column of rock nearly 200 meters (660 ft) high. Sigiriya is treated as one of the most remarkable creations in the world, built by King Kashyapa (477-495 AD). Path through the gardens along Stone stairways come to the Lion Gate. Only the rock carving and the brick structure is evident today of the lion’s mouth through which millions of people have walked to admire the beauty of this magnificent citadel.The capital and the royal palace were abandoned after the king’s death. It was used as a Buddhist monastery until the 14th century. Sigiriya today is a UNESCO listed World Heritage Site. It is one of the best-preserved examples of ancient urban planning.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
- Port of Colombo, 19 Chaithya Rd, Colombo 00100, Sri Lanka
- Port Control Hambantota, Hambantota, Sri Lanka
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.