Sigiriya and Dambulla from Mount Lavinia
(SKU: LK60660400) Journey into the center of Sri Lanka and uncover ancient creations that will leave you awe-struck during this private, full-day tour of Sigiriya Rock and the Dambulla Cave temple from Colombo. Explore the legendary Dambulla Cave temple, a UNESCO-listed world heritage site and an amazing piece of ancient architecture. The temple was built for meditating monks around the 1st century BCE and is fairly secluded. Then wander around the famous Sigirya Rock Fortress and visit its museum. This private tour offers a more personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Mount Lavinia.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Water bottle (per-person).
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the visiting sites. (Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Cave Temple)
- Food and beverages.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Entry/Admission - Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Golden Temple of Dambulla, Dambulla 21100 Sri Lanka
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King, and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walkthrough the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walkthrough the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Mount Lavinia
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.