Sigiriya and Dambulla from Colombo
(SKU: LK60010600) This tour takes you through the world of the ancient king Kasyapa, a world filled with advanced architecture in a rock palace and vivid paintings. It also takes you through the cave temple of Dambulla, with its awe-striking art and sculptures. Take this opportunity to see two of the most important places in Sri Lanka’s history.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Water bottle (per-person).
What's excluded :
- Entrance Tickets to the Visiting Sites. (Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Cave Temple)
- Food and beverages.
- Expenses of personal nature
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Golden Temple of Dambulla
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Sigiriya Rock Fortress that dominates the Sigiriya area was the capital of the King Kasyapa who ruled in the 5th century AD. The rock was once shaped into the shape of a lion, hence gaining its name. Now only the giant paws remain at the entrance to the climb up the rock. You can get to see the gardens and advanced irrigation systems that Kasyapa had built in his fortress. To this day the ponds remain full of water (though it is no longer as clean), and the remains of the walls and moats of his fortress can be seen. However the most marvelous aspect of Sigiriya, that brought it international fame, is the unfading rock paintings that continue to confuse many experts. Despite being over a millennia old the colors and shapes remain clear and bright as if they were newly painted. Once you return to the base from your climb up the rock, you can also visit the Sigiriya Museum which has some excellent pieces.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Golden Temple of Dambulla, Dambulla 21100 Sri Lanka
One of the capitals of the medieval Sinhalese kings. The other rock temple of equal fame, Aluvihare, where, according to tradition, the Buddhist scriptures were first committed to writing about The first century B.C., list about twenty-six miles to the south on the Kandy Dambulla road. And the famous fortress of Sigiriya with its beautiful frescoes rises aloft like a gigantic cylinder at a distance of about twelve miles to the north-east of Dambulla. Dambulla is a scent of unique interest. Its rock temples are the most extensive in the Island, and one of the most ancient, and in the highest state of preservation and order.Dambulu – gala (the rock of Dambulla), in which these temples are situated, is almost insulated and of a vast size. Its perpendicular height above the plain is about six hundred feet. Very few parts of it are covered with wood, and in general its surface is bare and black.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Colombo
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.