Sigiriya and Dambulla Day Tour from Colombo
Don't miss Sigiriya rock fortress and Dambulla cave temple when you are in Sri Lanka. Both places are nominated as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Sigiriya rock fortress is the most visited tourist attraction in Sri Lanka. It is sometimes known as the Sigiriya Lion Rock, after its original name “Sinha-Giri”. Dambulla golden rock cave temple was home to thousands of meditating monks since its monastic beginnings in the first century BCE. Today the same cave temple hosts a massive collection of Buddhist murals and sculptures belonging to a pan-Asian artistic tradition.
Explore Sigiriya and Dambulla on this full-day tour. Depart from your hotel at Colombo or Mount Lavinia in a private air-conditioned vehicle with a driver-guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off to most closely located hotels in Colombo or Mount Lavinia.
- Air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver.
- Mineral water during the tour.
- All government taxes.
What's excluded :
- Any Meals.
- Entrance fess to the sites.
- Any thing not mentioned in inclusions.
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Cave Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
06.00 AM - You will be picked up from your chauffer guide from most closely located hotels in Colombo or Mount Lavinia.
09.30 AM - Reach Sigiriya and climb Sigiriya Rock. Sigiriya rock fortress is the most visited tourist attraction in Sri Lanka. It is sometimes known as the Sigiriya Lion Rock, after its original name “Sinha-Giri”. Thereafter you will be taken to have lunch.
01.00 PM - You can have lunch at a local restaurant.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Dambulla Cave Temple, Jaffna Hwy, Habarana 50150 Sri Lanka
02.00 PM - Reach to Dambulla Rock Cave Temple which was home to thousands of meditating monks since its monastic beginnings in the first century BCE. Today the same cave temple hosts a massive collection of Buddhist murals and sculptures belonging to a pan-Asian artistic tradition.
04.30 PM - Leave from Dambulla Temple and proceed back to Colombo.
09.00 PM - You will be dropped off to your hotel in Colombo or Mount Lavinia.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off will be provided from most closely located hotels in Colombo.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please wear clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for visiting sacred and holy places.
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya US$30.00 and Dambulla Temple US$10.00 per person (Approximately).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.