Sightseeing flight over Laki craters and it's surroundings
On this tour, we fly to the west of Skaftafell in Vatnajökull National Park, over the vast ice sheet of Skeiðarárjökull and to Grænalón glacial lake. From there we fly west over Síðujökull glacier before flying over the Lakagígar volcano craters. On the way back we go southeast along the edge of Skeiðarárjökull where you will get a panoramic view of its massive size.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Driving through a wast of black sand, lava and moss, with mountains and glaciers on one hand and the sea in the distance on the other. You drive for about 1½ to 2 hours east from Vík and you will have Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon, in about 45 minute drive further east. There you will find yourself located at Skaftafell, Vantajökull National Park. At our private airport you will meet your pilot prior to your flight, who will explain the flight plan.
As you take off into the air, you might notice Svartifoss, located in Skaftafell Vatnajökull National Park. Your pilot will fly you over Skeiðarárjökull glacier tongue. On the way you might notice the glacier lagoon Grænalón. While you are flying over Lakagígar you might be so lucky to see Langisjór and Eldgjá valley and volcano. As you fly back to Skaftafell , you will fly over Súlutindar, which are shaped like no other mountain in Iceland.
As you land back in Skaftafell, you can take time to chat with your pilot about the route you flew and the sights you saw.
Departure Point :Skaftafell Terminal - Tour Center, Flugvallarvegur 5, 785 Öræfi, Iceland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.