Sightrunning Tour - Private Tour
Discover Madrid on your sneakers during this Private (1-2 pax) Running Tour with MADRID OUTDOOR SPORTS. You can choose from different lengths, varying between 8km and 21km.
During these 2-3-hours private (1-2 pax) running tours, led by a guide passionate about sports and the city, you will get a complete overview of what the city has to offer while getting your exercise done.
The itinerary and starting times are flexible. Also: an additional pick-up service is available if you prefer to start at a different location than your hotel lobby. Opt for a leisurely jog at a conversational pace with stops factored in, or ramp up the speed with a fast-paced run to cover more ground. Sightsee around town, passing attractions such as the Royal Palace of Madrid (Palacio Real), or explore parks like Casa de Campo or Buen Retiro Park. It’s an experience to suit all: avid runners, casual joggers or business travelers wanting to escape the hotel treadmill.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Private transport
- Run on your level
- Souvenir photos
- Liability & Accident Isurances
- 5 % discount on Madrid Souvenirs
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks.
- Optional picnic pack available on demand: 15 € per person. (Vegan or special food upon request)
- Tips & Gratuities.
- Meet your private guide and start with a quick chat about the type of run you want to do as well as your level of fitness. Your route is also up to you; if you know Madrid well, let your guide show you some off-the-beaten-path sites. Alternatively, explore the city’s parks and green spaces or run through the downtown streets to see some of Madrid’s top attractions.
All tours start and end from your centrally located Madrid hotel, and include a warm-up and stretch session. All you need is a good pair of sneakers and a bottle of water. After your tour, you'll receive souvenir photos as a keepsake of your run! Below are two sample itineraries:
Jog around the downtown streets and Los Austrias, the neighborhood that’s often called Habsburg’s Madrid in reference to the Habsburg dynasty’s architectural legacy, and see a collection of exciting monuments. Highlights include Plaza Mayor – an elegant square lined with red-brick buildings – plus the Royal Palace of Madrid and Plaza de Cibeles, home to Madrid’s famous fountain of the goddess Cibele.
Explore Casa de Campo, a large city park that was once a royal hunting ground, and jog around its large lake before retreating from the midday sun with a run through the forest. Often called the ‘green lung of Madrid,’ the much-loved city park is an oasis of peace and tranquility as well as a popular competition training ground for serious athletes; Casa de Campo hosts the annual Madrid Triathlon World Cup.
Visit Buen Retiro Park, where the yearly Madrid Marathon finishes, and jog through the throngs of buskers and street performers, passing the lake and stunning monuments. The park is better suited for leisurely jogs as there is so much to see! Stop to admire the world’s only statue of Satan – El Angel Caído – and then marvel at the beautiful gates called Puerta de Alcalá.
Departure Point :Your centrally located Madrid hotel
Departure Time :Varies; contact the local service provider to confirm your exact start time
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children between 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.