Sierra Negra Volcano Walking Tour in Isabela Island
Climbing the Sierra Negra volcanic crater is simply not to be missed for geology lovers and adventure seekers. Since its last eruption in 2005, the geographically unique Sierra Negra Volcano is home to incredible lava paths adorned with the local plant and animal life
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Volcan Chico, Isabela Island, 010850 Ecuador
The tour starts early in the morning after we picked you up from your hotel in Isabela, after that you will proceed to take a walk in the Volcan Chico is located northwest of the boiler, so it is not affected by the mist that always rushes in the southeast sector of the high islands.
This is one of the reasons why Chico Volcano is in perfect condition and can also be appreciated by visitors when there is good visibility and sun. On the northeast side of the Sierra Negra volcano caldera on 22 October 2005 there was an eruption that took one week. The lava flow covered much of the inside of the boiler and in some places rose more than two meters.
Stop At: Sierra Negra, Ecuador
The Sierra Negra volcano is considered the oldest of the volcanoes on Isabela. According to some geologists, including Nordlie, while wider and shallower is one, oldest boiler is. It reaches this conclusion through a theory and observations indicate that the volcanic processes in a boiler tend to tear down its edge, filling her. This activity is characterized by tremors and eruptions that are occurring in the course of thousands and millions of years.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Puerto Villamil, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any hotel inside the urban perimeter of Puerto Villamil, Isabela.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is sporty
- Need to be lodged in Isabela Island to take this tour, if you are in Santa Cruz or San Cristobal you cannot take this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.