Sierra Madre Villages Half-Day Cultural Tour
During your visit to Mazatlan, you should not miss this trip which is considered the best colonial sightseeing tour in the area. Get off of the beaten track visiting the two colonial towns of Concordia and Copala right in the Sierra Madre Mountains, two quaint colorful villages where natives carve wooden furniture by hand, making pottery, roof tiles and pastries. Be impressed by the two stone temples of San Jose (in Copala) and San Sebastian (in Concordia).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Copala, Mazatlan Mexico
Your first stop will be made at a rustic brick factory where bricks are made by hand, located at the banks of the Presidio River. Continuing on to the visit to Malpica, an small community where two friendly families started their home businesses: A rustic oven bakery and a handmade artistic floor tile shop using a tile press over 100 years old.
The following described towns were founded in 1565 by the Spanish conquistador Francisco de Ibarra, who was the pioneer of the mining industry in the state of Sinaloa and both villages were strategically settled near the silver and gold mining sites. Concordia is a very industrious town, its residents make their daily living working in furniture factories and potteries. Beautiful colonial architecture can be admired here, the most emblematic buildings are: The San Sebastian’s temple made of pink stone, the French style city hall and the main plaza with a huge rocking chair up front.
Copala is the final destination of this trip, this enchanting village was built off road, right in the Sierra Madre mountains; its magnificent scenery invites you to stroll on the cobblestone streets looking at small houses with red roofs and wide adobe walls, covered with different kinds of flowers. Here you will enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch with time to stroll the streets afterward to wander up to the the San Jose temple and the picturesque main plaza before heading back to Mazatlan.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off at local hotels and cruise ship terminalPorts
- Puerto de Mazatlan, Av. José Ma. Chávez 312, Barrio del Encino, 20240 Aguascalientes, Ags., Mexico
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.