Sierra Madre Hiking Adventure
Hidden deep in the Sierra Madre, in the border between Sinaloa and Durango, we will find Don Severo’s farm. He is a 70-year-old man that hikes from the highway to his land every day.
This trail flows down through pine trees, oaks, and red paper trees. In a really winding path with a majestic waterfall in the background and military macaws flying above us. Embrace the smells and sounds of nature while we leave civilization behind!
Get immersed in Don Severo’s lifestyle as he shows us the cave he grew up in and his organic orchard where he grows among other things “criollo” maize, bananas, sugar cane, peaches, mango, papaya, and guavas. On top of that, his wife Simona will provide a meal directly from farm to table.
We have operating protocols to decrease the spread of the virus, virus sanitization, interaction between guests and with the guide, healthy distance, etc.
7 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off
- Hiking stick
- Visit to Don Severo’s field (cave, orchard, house, etc.)
- Refill for your water bottle
- Fresh organic fruit from the orchard
- Homemade traditional lunch at Don Severo’s house
- Disposable face masks
- Antibacterial gel
What's excluded :
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Baluarte Bridge, Highway 40 to Durango, Mazatlan Mexico
The Baluarte Bridge is the third-highest cable-stayed bridge in the world, the seventh-highest bridge overall and the highest bridge in the Americas.
Stop At: Pueblo Nuevo, Pueblo Nuevo, Northern Mexico
Hidden deep in the Sierra Madre, in the border between Sinaloa and Durango, we will find Don Severo’s farm. The majestic place where we are going to do hiking.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup description:For hotel and vacation rentals guests the pick up will be at the lobby of the property.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- What to bring: · Eco-friendly sunscreen · Light and comfortable footwear and clothing. Preferably pants and hiking shoes · Sweater and waterproof jacket · Hat or baseball cap · Insect repellent · Your own flask or you could buy one from our shop to support our initiative Mazatlán Carbon Neutral (we provide the water) · Your own face mask.
- High temperature
- Loss of smell
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.