Sian Ka'an Adventure from Akumal
Sian Ka'an is one of the largest protected areas in Mexico with a great natural diversity. The best way to discover Sian Ka' an is on board a boat which get you to explore different coastal and marine ecosystems that are habitat for many wild species of birds, turtles, dolphins, manatees and the great fish diversity of the Mesoamerican reef. Your tour includes transport from Tulum, lunch in Punta Allen and snorkeling equipment. The snorkeling activity is heavily dependent on the sea conditions which can unfortunately not always be anticipated until we reach the sea. In the even of bad weather conditions, this tour is subject to cancellation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- The use of life vest is mandatory in all boat tours (provided by Mexico Kan Tours)
- Boat with snorkeling equipment
- Fruits, water and snacks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (revise confirmation email for pick up time)
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve
What's excluded :
- 10USD per person extra for pick-ups between Bahía Puerto Principe and Puerto Aventuras. +$20USD per person extra for pick-ups between Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen Colosio Street. +$30USD per person extra for pick-ups between Colosio Street (North of Playa) del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
- Extra Transportation Fees (North of Tulum)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Sian Ka'an Mexico
After passing the entrance to the Sian Ka' an Biosphere, the guide will give an introductory tour on the biosphere. After driving for another 30 to 40 minutes on an unpaved bumpy road you will board a boat in order to explore the coastal lagunes and marine ecosystems that characterize Sian Ka'an, and the discover the fauna and flora that lies within it
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Boca Paila, Playa del Carmen 77724 Mexico
See the place where lagune meets the sea. This canal was once the part of a Maya comercial route. Today is remains and Area of enormous ecological importance for species that can come in and out of the lagune.
Departure Point :1: OXXO, Chanchen Palmar, Camino Acceso A Playas s/N, Yodzonot, 77785 Akumal, Q.R., Mexico
2: Oxxo Puerto Morelos, Av Javier Rojo Gomez 1270, Esq, Av Tulum, Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
3: Micheladas del Semáforo, Smz 18, Joaquín Zetina Gasca, Q.R., Mexico
4: Starbucks, Calle Quinta Avenida S/N, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
5: Go Mart, KM 2695 MZA 29 LTE 2, México 307, 77780 Puerto Aventuras, Q.R., Mexico
6: Mexico Kan Tours- Eco Tours Tulum Riviera Maya, Avenida Tulum S/N. Entre Orion y, Calle Centauro Sur, Tulum Centro, Centro, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
7: Coba archaeological site, Quintana Roo, Mexico
8: Iglesia de San Servacio, Calle 41, Centro, Valladolid, Yuc., Mexico
9: Casino Palace Bingo & Sport Bets® Cancun, Av Tulum Esq Jabali con SM20 MZ 09, Av. Labná, Colonia Centro, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
10: Forum By The Sea, Blvd. Kukulcan, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from vacational homes is possible if given an exact address. Picks ups in the immediate Tulum area are included in the price.Pick ups outside of Tulum are possible with an additional charge.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Necessary COVID-19 prevention measures are implemented during the tour (50% capacity, Antibactial gel available and facemasks complusory, sanitization of vehicles and equipment, safe distance between all participants, groups from 2 to 6 people maximum, private tour possible)
- If you present any of the following symptoms (fever, dry cough, tiredness, headaches, aches and pains), please refrain from joining the tour, contact us as soon as possible and look for medical assistance
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Only if necessary: Bio degradable Sun Screen & Bio Degradable Mosquito Repellent.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Don't Forget to Bring:
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Sun glasses.
- Minimum age is 5 years.
- A maximum of 6 people per booking.
- Snorkeling is subject to weather conditions.
- Bathing Suit.
- Cash (Most of the local vendors only accept cash).
- Comfortable Shoes.
- Extra T-Shirt.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.