Short Inka Trail (2 days 1 night)
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is without doubt one of the world’s best treks and for those who visit Peru looking for good adventure this is definitely the best choice. This ancient trail was laid by the Incas and is one of the many trails that used to connect different cities and temple of the Inca Empire.
The Royal Inca Trail leads from the Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu combining different ecosystems, microclimates and lot of history giving the visitors a really amazing experience. People enjoy from the very start of this trek looking at how the spectacular scenery of the Andes Mountains merges into the cloudy forest to finally arrive to the magnificent complex of Machu Picchu lying on a green plateau where the architectural art is in perfect harmony with the natural environment.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Orientation meeting (previous to departure date)
- Transportation Cusco / Ollantaytambo train station / Cusco.
- Accomodation at 3 Star Hotel (depends of the availability)
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish), additional cost for other languages.
- 1 assistant guide for groups over 9 passengers.
- Box lunch (1st day)
- Bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (first day)
- Bus up and down (second day)
- Round – trip Expedition train.
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu (second day)
What's excluded :
- Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch (2nd day)
- Hotels in Cusco.
- Tips and extra expenses.
- Extra services not mentioned
- in order to secure a permit and entrance ticket to Machu Picchu, government regulations require full and current passport information for all trekkers. Permits are non-transferable and can sell out early, months in advance.
- It is therefore important to arrange depature dates at the earliest opportunity. Climbing Huayna Picchu is an excellent addition to a trip to Machu Picchu. It offers superlative views, but is a steep climb that can take about three hours.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu is limited and at scheduled times; visitors must sign up for a spot in advance. If you would like to consider doing the climb, it is important to book it in advance. While not as physically demanding as the full Inca Trail, hikers should be in good physical condition.
- DAY 1 CUSCO – KM 104 – WIñAYWAYNA – MACHU PICCHU
We will take you from Cusco to the train station in Ollantaytambo. Train will take you to kilometer 104. At this check point after checking our tickets and passports with a Machu Picchu Park Ranger, we will start trekking (for approximately 3 hours), up to the well-preserved remains of Wiñay Wayna (2900 m.a.s.l).
After lunch, we will have some time to rest and to explore the site´s houses, terraces, towers, as well as to visit the Inti Punku, the Inca Gate of the Sun, where we can catch the first sight of Machu Picchu. After an overview and orientation about the city of Machu Picchu, you will take the shuttle bus to Aguas Caliente, where we will spend the night.
A lunch box will be provided at noon.
** You´ll stay overnight at 3 Stars hotel.
DAY 2 MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast, you will get picked up by your guide to go visit to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and have a day filled exploring. After this amazing visit you will go back to Machu Picchu Town (Aguas Calientes) and after lunch you´ll take the Expedition train back to Cusco. Upon arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo train station you´ll be taken in a private vehicle back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :
5am at your hotel (Every day, including holidays)
You will be picked-up at your hotel in Cusco in the morning between 5:00 -5:15 am Hrs. the transport will pick up passengers from several different hotels in Cusco, so your pick-up time may vary. Please be ready and waiting in the lobby.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
- If you are a vegetarian, please advise at time of booking
- Original passport,
- Original ISIC (an international student card if applicable)
- Travel insurance,
- Pocket money in Nuevos Soles,
- A small rucksack,
- Rain gear (a rain-jacket and a waterproof trousers),
- Resistible footwear, waterproof trekking shoes are recommended,
- Hat or a cap (to protect you against the Sun, rain as well as cold),
- Sun cream or sun block,
- Insect repellent – recommended minimum is 20% DEET (please note that no malaria cases have been reported during this trip!),
- In case clients stay an extra night by their own, Peru Andes Top will provide just train tickets for the next
- If clients wish to stay an extra night, the Hotel will be for clients own. We can help with your hotels reservation and any other service requested.
- Vistadome Train (One Way) – US$55.00
- Single Accommodation US$43.00
- Ingreso to Huaynapicchu 65
- Hiking poles – US$15.00
- Black Diamond Hiking Poles.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you dont want to share a room (double or triple), select Single Accommodation in add ons when Booking.
- If you are a lover of nature and landscapes, the Vistadome train is your best choice. Panoramic windows in the walls and roofs of cars make the connection to the outside is experienced in a very vivid way.
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$20.00
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.