Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - 2 days - Glamping Service
Let’s have a great adventure before arriving Machu Picchu with our Comfort service and enjoying at the same time a light hike through many archaeological sites and arrive to Sun’s Gate (Inti Punku), prepare yourself to be amazed with the best panoramic view of Machu Picchu.There are a lot of trekking routes which lead us to Inca Citadel Machu Picchu, but only in this route you will have the opportunity to visit Machu Picchu for 2 consecutive days! It is ideal for those whom do not have much time. During the trek our visitors will enjoy a short ride in a comfortable touristic train with service on board crossing the Sacred Valley of the Incas
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Briefing service 2 or 1 day before your tour by your guide.
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- 3 hours guided tour in Machupicchu.
- 3 stars hotel at Aguas Calientes.
- Private transportation from Cusco until starting trekking point.
- 01 pair of walking sticks per person, highly recommended.
- 01 oxygen tanks and first aid kit in emergency cases.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Cusco Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Hot Springs (Aguas Calientes)
What's excluded :
- What does not include? The first breakfast (usually all Cusco hotels include breakfast) Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain ticket (if you are interested please consult with our sales executives) Last lunch in Aguas Calientes (you can make a better choice, there are a lot of different options for restaurants) Tips.
- last Lunch on second day
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – KM 104 - Inca Trail - Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
Stop At: Cusco Cathedral, Portal Belen Plaza de Armas, Cusco 08002 Peru
Our tour will start in Cusco city, picking you up from your hotel at 06:00 am in our private touristic transportation and your professional guide to Ollantaytambo train station. Here you will board your expedition class train (07:40 am departing time) this ride will take 1:30 hrs approximately, on board you will appreciate the Mountains and Glaciers of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. After one hour the scenery will have a radical change as we will enter through the tropical forests and reach km 104 where our starting trekking point is situated.
Before initiating the hike, we will access to the Main check point with our personal documentation and tickets which our company had previously arranged. You can also use the restrooms before start the hike.
The hike will start visiting an archaeological site named Chachabamba and have a moderate climb with lush biodiversity, specially flora since in this area there are a lot of endemic orchids and fern species. After a few hours we will reach another archaeological site named Wiñayhuayna in which your expert guide will better explain you about its ancient function.
We will continue our hike and arrive to the last campsite of the 4 day Inca trail hikers, continuing with our adventure; this portion of the trail is easier until reaching Inti Punku (Sun’s Gate) At this point we will have the first view of Machu Picchu Citadel.
After taking our photos we will continue for another 40 minutes downhill until arrive to Machu Picchu and visit it.
Finally, our hike ends and we will board our bus to Aguas Calientes town where you will be accommodated in a 2 stars hotel, our service will include the dinner this night in a restaurant nearby.
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
Experience the short Inca Trail and enjoy nice Sunset at the end of your hike and less people for your Pictures in your free time at Machu Picchu and next day a impresive Sunrise.
Duration: 4 hours
• Lunch: Lunch and Dinner are available
Accommodation included: One over Night at Terrazas de la Luna 3 starts Hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu - Cusco
Stop At: Hot Springs (Aguas Calientes), Signposted from main square, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu Peru
We advise to start very early in the morning this day for various reasons: to have the opportunity to see the sunrise in Machu Picchu Inca citadel, in order to take the famous postal photo of the citadel without many people inside, and also to avoid long lines to reach Machu Picchu.
Once in the Inca citadel, our clients will have approximately a guided private tour of 2:30 hrs and then have some time to visit interesting places like Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (we advise to book the tickets with a minimum of 2 months in advance)
After finishing the tour, our clients will board the bus down to Aguas Calientes in which the train station is located and then catch the train according the arranged schedule to Ollantaytambo train station. From here our transfer will pick you up with our private transportation and lead you to Cusco city, directly to your hotel. End of our services.
Duration: 5 hours
Accommodation included: No Included at the second day
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kenko Adventures is going to located your hotels in cusco city, We need the hotel information for your pick up.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Meals: Snacks, Lunch and dinner.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Hiking distance: 12 kilometers
- Accommodation: 3 stars hotel
- Minimum Altitude: 2000 m.a.s.l. / 6600 fts. (starting trekking point, km 104)
- Maximum Altitude: 2700 m.a.s.l. / 8900 fts. (Inti Punku)
- Climate: Sunny during dry season. Cold, windy and cloudy during rainy season.
- Meals: Lunch and Dinner
- Difficulty: Easy
- Hiking distance: 0 kilometers
- Minimum Altitude: 2000 m.a.s.l. /6600 fts. (aguas clientes)
- Transport: Round trip bus to/from Machu Picchu, train tickets from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, minivan vehicle to Cusco.
- Climate: Sunny during dry season. Cold and cloudy during rainy season.
- We use to visit at your hotel 6 pm or if you prefer during the day 9am to 1pm or 3pm to 5pm, please you could send us an email with details to get your briefing time Will be ready any time for our clients.
- During the Cusco Machu Picchu Tour your main luggage can be store at our office or at your hotel, both are for free. Please don´t pack anything you will need for your hike.
- Please be ready with the next information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase an entrance to Machu Picchu or the train without the following information:
- Personal information (your full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- Full name
- D.OB. (dd / mm / yyyy)
- It could be greatly appreciated if our clients pay in cash at your briefing time at the hotel (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by PAYPAL online.
- According to our government Laws you must be under 18 years of age at the time of your trek, tour, or visit to Machu Picchu (students 18 & above need ISIC cards). For example, if you book a trek at the age of 17 but you turn 18 before you do your trek, you do not qualify for a student discount.
- students from 12 to 17 years old, they get discount of $20.
- children from age of 2 to 12 they get discount of $20.
- children from the age of 0 to 2 they are free.
- All students must send a copy of their passport at booking time to get the discount.
- The ISIC Student can get Discount of US$ 20.
- You must have a valid current internationally accepted ISIC card in your name.
- They could apply for the ISIC Card
- You must provide a copy of your ISIC card at your booking time.
- Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date. Tickets are not transferable nor refundable unfortunately.
- If you cancel your Cusco Machu Picchu Tour, the deposit is not refundable at all!
- you have to get your original passport and it is very important and it have to be the same passport number that you sent to us at book time, and also train ticket, other entrances and reservations Will have the same document. The rangers will check when you enter Machu Picchu. The train company will also check your passport before to board you’re the train.
- In case you are changing your Passport or you lost and you get a new one, go ahead and send us your new passport information to secure your permit, and we can change it and when you get to our country no surprises and everything Will be fine.
- The climate in our country is very variant and does not consider the normal 4 seasons. Here, in just one day we can see all of the seasons! And this is why we recommend our visitors to be prepared for any occasion, either for rain or sunny days.
- A very important factor which alter our world is global warming, which has evolved into a high risky contributor due to the glaciers melting in Peruvian Andes, and it also affect the normal development of our weather.
- Nonetheless, something that is very marked in our country and in some cities here in the Andes is that we only have 2 main seasons during the year:
- Dry Season: We consider the dry season from the end of April until the end of September, in this period the first rains will start. For this reason, this is the best time to visit our region and our amazing Machu Picchu and also avoid any inconveniences.
- Rainy Season: This season starts on October until the end of April approximately, so during this time it is advised to all of our visitors to pack their belongings into waterproof bags, as in our region it can be sunny the first 2 hours and then have a heavy rain.
- We know that there are extreme climates worldwide, but this must not stop us from our longing and desire to explore the world, to discover marvelous cultures and interact with them. Be welcomed to Perú and Machu Picchu.
- This mountain is located inside Machu Picchu Archaeological Park, which is located at 300 meters more than Machu Picchu Inca Citadel; here it takes approximately just 45 minutes hiking up and other 45 minutes hiking down. This Mountain conserves some archaeological remains as the Moon Temple and other precincts that are interconnected with authentic trails, steps, tunnels and natural formatted caves which made the view more interesting. Without any doubt, this is one of the best attractions of Machu Picchu; the Huayna Picchu Mountain offers a 360 grades view and a stunning view of Machu Picchu Inca Citadel, Machu Picchu
- Mountain and the famous Sun Gate (Inti Punku). Currently our government through Ministry of Culture, maintain the visitors income controlled per day, only 400 tickets are offered per day and divided in 2 groups of 200 each. The first schedule starts from 7:00 to 08:00 am and the second from 10:00 to 11:00 am, for this reason its demand is growing day by day and if any of our visitors is interested in this hike, then it is necessary to make a booking at least with 3 months in advance in order to guarantee their visit to this extraordinary place.
- This mountain is located inside the park as well, and is only 1:20 hrs away hiking by your own. Once you reach the summit, you will take impressive photos with panoramic views of the entire valley in which is situated Machu Picchu inca citadel, you will also have impressive views of the Andes Mountain range and the glaciers that protect this unique ecosystem.
- The demand to obtain permits for this hike is quickly growing up, for this we advise a minimum of 2 months in advance to book the tickets, as there is a limit for visitors per day to experience this amazing hike. This hike has 2 schedules, the first from 07:00 am to 08:00 am and the second from 09:00 am to 10:00 am with a limit of 200 people per group.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.