Short Inca Trail To Machu Picchu 2 Days/ 1 Night
The appeal of the SHORT INCA TRAIL MACHU PICCHU is the stunning cultural show of Inca ruins, exotic side by side mountains, primitive lush vegetation and extraordinary ecological varieties. The “the ancient Inca road” goes through the National Park and enters through the Sun Gate with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu, through cloud pitted forest and finally into subtropical vegetation.
People hiking the short Inca Trail Machu Picchu have the privilege of visiting famous Machu Picchu Citadel twice, at the end of the day of their hike, and when they return to Machu Picchu the following the day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Inca Trail
What's excluded :
Day 1: DAY 1: CUSCO – 104 KMS – WIÑAYHUAYNA – SUN GATE – MACHU PICCHU
Stop At: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu Peru
The Short Inca Trail tour to Machu Picchu starts from pick-up at your hotel (4:00 am approx.) or your hotel in Ollantaytambo by 5:30am, and drive you to the train station where you will board the train that leaves from Ollantaytambo train station heading to Km 104 (start of our walk of Short Inca Trail) in this tour you will be able to appreciate beautiful landscapes and different ecosystems.
When you reach km 104 and then cross a suspension bridge to reach the checkpoint, you must present your passport or document with which you made your reservation. At the end of the respective controls we will start with the uphill walk for 4 hours until we reach the Inca Wiñaywayna site which in Quechua means (forever young) Wiñaywayna has a height of 2680 meters above sea level and is considered one of the most attractive sites of this route .
After your guided tour we will stop to eat our box lunch. After recharging our energy we will continue our hike for an hour and a half until we reach the Intipunku (Sun Gate) where you can enjoy the first panoramic views of Machu Picchu. Finally we will continue walking through the last section of the Inca Trail until we reach the place where you can take the classic photo with the old citadel.
Then we take our bus to Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night in our hotel.
Duration: 10 hours
• Lunch: Box Lunch
Accommodation included: Hotel 2 estrellas
Day 2: DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Stop At: Aguas Calientes 08681, Peru
Today you will get to enjoy exploring Machu Picchu and experience her magical presence by taking the first bus at 5:30AM to the Machu Picchu archeological site. If you hurry you will get to see the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
Take your time, making sure you tour every nook and cranny of this New 7 Wonder of the World and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. It is an unforgettable experience.
Your guide will expertly direct you through the energetic ruins and its diverse main streets. Then on your own, wander around the town squares of the world’s spiritual center of esoteric wisdom as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Or stay still and drink in the pure majesty of her presence, and enjoy the pure delight of the moment.
Here are a few of alternative activities that you might wish to indulge in on your own:
• Climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu (not included in your tour price and must be booked in advance.)
• You will be given some time to walk to the Sun Gate or Inti Punku (free of charge)
• Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or to the hot springs (entrance fees required)
You will descend to Aguas Calientes when you are ready to eat lunch and later on board the Expedition train at 4:22pm for the return trip to Cusco stopping at the Ollantaytambo Train Station and you will be driven back to your hotel in Cusco from Ollantaytambo in our private van arriving at around 8pm.
Duration: 11 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.