Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The 2 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is a spectacular hike with beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and fauna with fantastic panoramas of the Andes on the way to the lost citadel of the Incas. See our short Inca trek reviews on TripAdvisor, ask for Inka tours permits and check the best Inca trail of Peru.
Take a short walk before arriving Machu Picchu; with our group service and enjoying at the same time a light hike through many archaeological sites. Arrive to Sun’s Gate (Inti Punku), prepare yourself to be amazed with the best panoramic view of the wonder of the world.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Machu Picchu entrance fee
- Inca Trail ticket
- Train tickets (Ollantaytambo - Machu Picchu round trip).
- Bus tickets on day 2 (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu citadel round trip).
- Entry/Admission - Winay Wayna
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 2
- Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu Mountain
- Walking sticks (Can be rented from the company).
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Km 104 - Aguas Calientes Town
Stop At: Winay Wayna, Machu Picchu Peru
The tour starts early in the morning by bus from your hotel to Ollantaytambo, then we take the train at 07:45 am from Ollanta to Km-104, the startin point of the hike. We visit beautiful Inca ruins, see a variety of flora, fauna and get to see fantastic views. Covering 16 km of the hike, our trek starts in the Sacred Valley and works its way up along an original Inca path to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna and the Sun Gate (Inti Punku), the first viewpoint of Machu Picchu citadel. Along the way we'll hike through the lush greenery of the cloud forest which is covering the mountain and variety of birds.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Included 3 star Hotel in Aguas Calientes town
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
The guide will pick you up early in the morning from your Hotel to take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu, so that we can see the sunrise. Once we get to the Citadel you will have a 2 hour guided tour with your English speaking guide. After the walking tour, you will have time to explore, take pictures and enjoy Machu Picchu by yourself. Those who have Huayna Picchu tickets will have time to climb the mountain, which takes approximately 2 hours round-trip. When done exploring, you will take a bus or walk down to Machu Picchu Pueblo for lunch (not included). Finally in the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from the hotel
Departure Time :4/1/2020 - 11/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.