Short Inca Trail 2 days - Huaynas Expeditions
The Inca Trail of 2 days to Machu Picchu is ideal for people with little time, or for those people who did not reserve on time the complete "Classic" Inca Trail. Covering a distance of only 12 km, the 2-day Inca Trail is a challenge that makes it the perfect place for an unforgettable vacation.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Pre trek briefing (briefing at the hotel).
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning of departure.
- Transfer from hotel to train station the first day.
- Inca trail permits and admission tickets.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu (Huayna Picchu $ 80 extra).
- English / Quechua / Spanish professional guide speak.
- Second Tour Guide over 12 people.
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes in a Hotel.
- Local food service (1Lunch Box, 1 Dinner 1 Breakfast )
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu round trip (second day).
- Expedition train ticket to head of trail (104 Km.).
- Expedition train ticket Aguas Calientes / Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from the train station to downtown Cusco.
- Guided visit to Machu Picchu and the ruins along the trail.
- Entry/Admission - Winay Wayna
What's excluded :
- Extra expenses.
- Breakfast - Day 1.
- Lunch and dinner - Day 2.
- Travel and health insurance (bring copies with you please).
- Huayna Picchu entrance US$ 80 extra.
- Waking sticks (it can be rented from us US$ 10 for the entire trip).
- Porter to Carry your personal stuff.
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town(US$5)
- Tips (optinal).
Day 1: Cusco - Km104 - Wiñay Wayna - Aguas Calientes.
Stop At: Winay Wayna, Machu Picchu Peru
Our journey starts early in the morning. After our arrival at km 104 by train, the Inca Trail begins with a hike to Chachabamba (2270m/7448f), where your guide will talk about the previous function of this archeological site. Afterwards, we will reach Wiñayhuayna (2650m/8694f), the most important archeological site besides Machu Picchu. Next, the trail continues towards the Sun Gate “Inti Punku” and a wonderful view of nightfall at Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f). Since we have to continue hiking until we reach the bus that takes us to our hotel in Aguas Calientes, we’ll only spend a little time in Machu Picchu on the first day.
Duration: 6 hours
• Lunch: Box Lunch
Accommodation included: Overnight in Aguas Calientes in a Hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Stop At: Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco Region
We’ll leave our hotel after breakfast at about 5:30 am, and take a bus up to Machu Picchu. We leave so early because the site is less crowded, and early morning is a good time to enjoy the ancient spirit of the best-known archaeological site on the continent. After arriving around 6:00 am, your guide will give detailed information about Machu Picchu, its history and the culture of the Incas. After this orientation, you will have free time to enjoy and explore the site on your own (for example, visit the Inka Bridge, explore buildings or climb Wayna Picchu, only with an advanced reservation, for an amazing panoramic picture). After the bus takes you down to Aguas Calientes, you can soak in the town’s soothing natural springs (cost 10 soles). We will leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon by train.
Duration: 5 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We come and pick you up from your hotel in Cusco
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.