Short Inca Trail 2-Day to Machu Picchu with Tickets
This 2-day tour allows you to enjoy the highlights of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu without walking the whole route. This is the perfect option for those who are short on time, or not up to the challenge of trekking the full length of the trail.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance to the Inca Trai
- Entrance to the Machu Picchu
- Transport from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Expedition train to the Inca Trail and return to Ollantaytambo
- Transport from Ollantaytambo To Cusco
- Entry/Admission - Inca Trail
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain
- Bus ticket Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes (round trip).
Day 1: CUSCO - WIÑAYWAYNA - INTI PUNKU - MACHU PICCHU
Stop At: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu Peru
After pick-up from your hotel on the first day, travel by bus to the town of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. From here, a train will take you to the starting point of the trek, on the banks of the Urubamba River. The trail slowly ascends to meet the original Inca Trail. Along the way, pass through dense cloud forest with a rich variety of plants, flowers, and birds. If you are lucky you might see some of the local mammals, such as the rare spectacled bear.
After a full day of trekking, arrive at the Sun Gate in the late afternoon for your first views of Machu Picchu. The lighting at this time makes for amazing pictures. Descending from the Sun Gate, continue along the beautiful paved stone path to Machu Picchu, to the famous look-out point above the main part of the citadel. From here, descend to the town of Aguas Calientes in the valley below. Check in to your hotel and enjoy dinner.
Duration: 12 hours
Accommodation included: 1 night hotel in Aguas Calientes
Day 2: MACHU PICCHU - OLLANTAYTAMBO - CUSCO
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
You will rise very early on the second day to catch the first bus up to Machu Picchu. Take a 2-hour guided tour of the site to see some of the most important locations, altars, and constructions. Learn about the history of this amazing place and the people who once lived here. After this, the rest of the day is yours to explore the citadel by yourself. If you have the additional permit to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, this will be the time. In the afternoon, your train will depart from Aguas Calientes back to Ollantaytambo. From here, drive by bus to Cusco, where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 12 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.