Shore Whale Watching Day Tour to Hermanus the Whale Capital of SA from Cape Town
What makes this product unique?
This tour for couples, families or small groups not bigger than 4 with minimum 2 pax takes you to the town of Hermanus, the Whale Capital of South Africa.
After crossing the spectacular Sir Lowry's Pass and thereafter the Houwhoek Pass we enter the area where we may spot the Blue Crane, the National Bird of South Africa.
A coastal drive is done to the "Hot Spots".A boardwalk allows whale spotting as you to walk - wheelchair friendly.Enough time for Rock Whale Watching and lunchtime (while whale watching)
A Craft Market is behind you should you wish to break away for a short while.. We now take a circular drive to Stoney Point to watch the African Penguins on the beach and stop along the way for wine tasting.
Clarence Drive to Rooi Els and Gordon's Bay along the coast of False Bay takes us all along the coastline of False Bay. We then join the highway to take us to the Mother City for drop off.at around 18h00.
STARTING TIME 08h00.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Binoculars to give tourists opportunity to see the whales from the rocks
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Entry/Admission - Stony Point Penguin Colony
- Entry/Admission - Walker Bay
- Entry/Admission - Hermanus New Harbour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Stony Point Penguin Colony, Betty's Bay South Africa
Visit the breeding place of the African Penguin in it's natural habitat.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Whale Watching Hermanus, Suite 2 3 Walvis Street Suite 2, Hermanus, Overstrand 7200 South Africa
Viewing of the Southern Right Whale from the rocks during the whale season in July to November.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Sir Lowry's Pass, N 2 Vicino a Cape Town, 7130 South Africa
Stunning mountain drive to the whales
Pass By: Houwhoek Pass, Botrivier South Africa
After a comfort stop in the mountains the pass follows with the town of Botriver in view as well as the vastness of wheat- and conolafields in the distance.
Stop At: Walker Bay, South Africa
Opportunity to do boat whale watching on request.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hermanus New Harbour, Westcliff Rd, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
Opportunity to do boat based Whale and Dolphin watching (own account)
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Gordon's Bay, Gordon's Bay, Western Cape
Driving along the panoramic Gordon's Bay on the way back from Whale Watching
Pass By: Grabouw, Grabouw, Overberg District, Western Cape
The road takes us between apple orchards on the way to Hermanus to do Whale Watching
Pass By: Rooi Els Beach, Rooiels, Overstrand South Africa
The scenic Clarence Drive starting at the coastal town of Rooi-Els forms part of the journey
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop off at any accommodation establishment in and around Cape Town and the Cape Winelands.Airports
- Cape Town Intl Airport, Cape Town Central South Africa
- V&A Waterfront, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001, South Africa
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 4 people per booking subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Credit card friendly to secure minimum handling of cash.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Certified by World Travel & Tourism Council to be compliant with Covid-19 Industry Protocols.
- Individually wrapped food options available if requested as part of our post Covid 19 recommendations.
- Most travelers can participate
- On arrival travelers will need to present a negative Covid 19 test result not older than 72 hours from time of departure
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Provide full names,passport numbers and cell numbers or any other contact number of every traveler as part of Covid-19 safety measures.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.