Shore excursion from Sète to Carcassonne
Explore Languedoc offer private tours in a recent and comfortable 8 seater Van. Lead by a local guide, you will explore and learn the history of Europe’s most famous fortified city - Carcassonne. Spend the morning exploring the Cité, Basilica and the visconte castle of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can enjoy your lunch in one of the many restaurant in the cité.
In the afternoon on the way back depending on time others visits can be organized ( Wine tasting, Medieval village, Abbey etc ... ).
- This tour / activity is private. Only your group will participate.
- A guided tour of the city of Carcassonne
- Travel comfortably from one place to another in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Stroll through the walled city at your own pace, with enough time to explore
- This tour includes hotels, cruise ship pickup and dropoff
- You choose your afternoon activity (Wine Tasting, Medieval Villages )
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Guided tour
- Professional guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne Center, Carcassonne, Aude, Occitanie
Pick up at the Cruise Ship or accomodation At agreed upon time
Spend the morning exploring with your guide the Cité, Basilica and the visconte castle of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. The city’s strategic location proved optimal throughout multiple periods of history, from Neolithic times through the Middle Ages. The city’s fortified hilltop was constructed during the Gallo-Roman times, and was expanded upon in the 13th and 14th centuries.
Today, Carcassonne is the largest walled city in Europe with its massive walls spanning 3 km and 52 defensive towers overlooking the rest of the city.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off at your accommodation, cruise ship, hotel etc ...Ports
- Port de Sète, entrée, Rue de la Peyrade, 34200 Sète, France
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 12/11/2019 - 10/20/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.