Shore Excursion: Day self guided walking Inishbofin Island Connemara coast.
Discover magical Inishbofin Island, includes return ferry, light lunch and a film about the island. Take a spectacular self guided walk around the West Quarter, return for tea and scones before catching the ferry back. Inishbofin has become the first Irish island to receive an international ecotourism award.Min 2, Max 35. Available March-Sept.
per adult from
What's included :
- Return ferry transfer from Cleggan to Inishbofin island
- Tea/coffee and scones
- Short film on the heritage, history and geology of the island
- Maps for self guided walk of Westquarter Loop
- Light lunch of soup and sandwiches
What's excluded :
- transport to Cleggan Village
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Inishbofin Island Ireland
Board the ferry at the small fishing village of Cleggan and take in the spectacular land and seascapes as you sail to this small island. Walk the short distance from the ferry to the hotel, and enjoy some freshly brewed tea/coffee and freshly made homemade scones while watching a short video about the island explaining the fascinating heritage, history and geology of the island in brief. Then go for an invigorating self guided walk, with maps provided around the scenic Westquarter Loop.
Inishbofin has a selection of official looped walks, two Green Coast awarded beaches, a dive centre, an equestrian centre, bicycle hire and many more activities and sites to see. The island is a great place for bird watching and the corncrake can be heard here every year. Return to the hotel for delicious homemade soup and sandwiches before boarding the ferry back to the mainland.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Knockbrack, Cleggan Pier, Co. Galway, Ireland
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ferry and lunch vouchers will be supplied after booking. Please print out and bring with you to validate.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- It is advisable to bring appropriate warm, rain & windproof gear as weather is very changeable. Good walking shoes/boots are recommended to bring.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear a life jacket when on or close to water.
- Please advise Doonmore Hotel Staff if you, or any member of your aprty, suffer food allergies.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.