Shore Excursion Colombo City Tour
Colombo, the Capital of Sri Lanka's, is its major port, and draws together all the colours and cultures that make up the islands nature, before condensing it all into a patchwork of gardens, markets and buildings both grand and humble, all against a backdrop of the beautiful beachfront. On this 4-hour tour you will visit many places including - the Fort, Gangarama Temples, The Hindu Temple at Sea Street, the Dutch Church at Wolfendal, the historic Jamiul Alfar Mosque Mosque, the Independence Hall, B.M.I.C.H, the Pettah bazaar, Arts, Crafts & Souvenir shops, & a Gem Gallery. You will be taken to the major landmarks of Colombo, and your guide will give you a full commentary on every stop of the tour, plus tell you more about its history and how integral it is to modern Colombo.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Tea Tasting
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- You will firstly visit the Dutch Church at Wolfendhal, this is the oldest Prostant Church in use in Sri Lanka! You will uncover some amazing history behind all the places during this half day tour. You will then move on to the Hindu Temple, this is known as Kathiresan Temple, te oldest Hindu Temple. Enjoy some sightseeing around Colombo, including a panoramic view of the immense Jamiul Alfar Mosque, you will also see the 100 year old clock tower and several British built buildings such as the Old Parliment Building, this building will surely provide you with the most memorable stories. You will also manage to see the Galle Face, this is an oceana-side urban park, which stretches along the coast. You will also see the Dewatagaha Mosque which has the most remarkable exterior, which is the most iconic part of archiecture.
You will continue on the Gem Museum and the Crafts Centre, this will provide you with the best value of knowledge from our professional guides, in the Gems museum you will get the chance to see the selections of Diamonds, Sapphires, Emeralds, Pearls and much more! Sri Lanka is known for it's best quality of Jewels and Sapphires.
From looking at the amazing selection of Jewels, you will then move on to the Gangarama Temple, which was once an area of swamp beside the Beira Lake, it is now known to be an iconic complex which consists of the Gangarama Temple, the assembly hall in the breathtaking views of the lake. You will learn a lot from this tour, so make sure you bring your camera for the most unforgetable memories!
Move on to the Independence Square, which is known as Independence Memorial Hall, which is a national monument in Sri Lanka built for commemoration of the independence of Sri Lanka. You will then conclude your tour by visiting the Petal Local Market and discover all the new enhancements of Colombo from here. You will have some free time to purchase some souvenir and shop at Pettah, & have the opportunity to browse the market stalls and take home some local, traditional gifts. This tour is a fantastic opportunity to experience a wide array of what Colombo has to offer.
You will then be returned back to the port in plenty of time for your Cruise Ships Departure.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Colombo Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late of cruise ship
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.