Shark Cage Diving Cape Town
We operate a half day tour 45 minutes from Cape Town to see a variety of shark species throughout the year according to the seasons, weather, water temperature and other factors.
During to August to May we operate half day shark tours to either Seal Island or Cape Point as both offer very different opportunities and visibility. Possible shark species can include Seven gill sharks, Mako Sharks, Blue sharks and Great white sharks. The location for the day will be determined by the best shark activity and sea conditions and will be confirmed with you the day before your trip. The trip is confirmed weather dependent and is not shark species dependent.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Light refreshments onboard the boat
- Professional guide
- Diving equipment
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- We operate a half day tour 45 minutes from Cape Town to see a variety of shark species throughout the year according to the seasons, weather, water temperature and other factors.
During to August to May we operate half day shark tours to either Seal Island or Cape Point as both offer very different opportunities and visibility. Possible shark species can include Seven gill sharks, Mako Sharks, Blue sharks and Great white sharks. The location for the day will be determined by the best shark activity and sea conditions and will be confirmed with you the day before your trip.
Between the months of June/July.One of our areas, Seal Island, False Bay is famous for the predation of Great Whites on Cape Fur seals The area and this behavior have been featured on many documentaries including Air Jaws on the Discovery Channel with Chris Fallows, our owner, as co-host.
Reasons to Choose Apex as your shark cage diving operator
- We are an official licensed Shark Cage diving Operator with crew certified specifically for this industry
- We provide SCUBA for certified divers on request – however NO experience is required for breath hold
- We offer the smallest group size of any shark diving operation in South Africa by 50%. ( 12 pax only)
- We have achieved the Five star excellence certificate from TripAdvisor 6 years in a row
Whales, dolphins and many species of sea birds are often encountered on this adventurous expedition. As we adopt an eco-system style of operating our trips, going to sea with Apex is like going on a safari game drive and we will try to take in as much marine wildlife as possible on our trips As trips are based on natural events every trip is different and sightings are not guaranteed.
Our vessel is a 36 foot catamaran, specifically built for cage diving and viewing the sharks from the surface. A dry cabin, soft cushioned seats and a flush toilet ensure your comfort at sea. Our vessel complies with all safety requirements and Great white shark permit conditions. We send the boat for annual safety inspections at the South African Maritime Safety Authority. Safety equipment includes life jackets, first aid kit, radio and cellular phone.
A small group of guests on board allows for better viewing opportunities and a longer cage dive. The cage accommodates five guests comfortably. It is fixed to the boat and sits just above the water surface. NO DIVING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
For those who are scuba certified, AIR is available upon request. This needs to be confirmed when booking your trip. Please add this request under 'notes'.
Safety is a priority. All shark cage diving is done under the auspices of experienced crew who have first Aid & oxygen management, scuba & commercial skippers’ qualifications and have expert knowledge of the behaviour of sharks around the cage.
Departure Point :Apex Shark Expeditions - Great White Shark Cage Diving, Wharf St, Simon's Town, Cape Town, 7975, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up anywhere in the downtown Cape Town area and surrounds at our standard rate. Any pick up location outside of this area will be quoted separately.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.