Shared tour to Lastours, wine tasting, Minerve, Canal du Midi. From Carcassonne
It is the Perfect tour for nature, heritage and wine lovers… there is some breathtaking landscape and I will tell you more about the Cathars…
This as some easy walk except at Minerve where for those who wants to visit everything, you need good walking shoes and the path is steep, accessible to people who are used to walk.
I can lend 4 walking sticks.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- private guide and driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Chateaux de Lastours
- Entry/Admission - Château La Villatade
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chateaux de Lastours, 22 route des 4 Chateaux N 43.334219 - E 2.377995, 11600 Lastours France
In the morning discover the Lastours Castles, breathtaking view from the belvedere. The ruined castles sit on a rocky spur above the village of Lastours, isolated by the deep valleys of the Orbiel and Grésilhou rivers. (we do not do the hiking)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Château La Villatade, La Villatade, 11600 Sallèles-Cabardès, France
After this first stop we will go to a small vineyard for a wine tasting just before lunch. You will meet dedicated wine growers and oenologists, learn their different production methods and taste excellent wines. The lunch will take place in a typical French restaurant, the local food is delightful.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Le site cathare de Minerve, Museum of Archeology and non-arachnology, 34210 Minerve France
In the afternoon, we will drive to the beautiful and picturesque village of Minerve (1hr drinving) classified as one of the “most beautiful villages of France”. The fortified medieval village, is perched on a naturally defended rocky peninsula high above a canyon in the barren Languedoc landscape
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Canal du Midi, 5 rue de la Mairie, 31460 France
On the way back to Carcassonne, you will stop by the Canal du Midi where you will learn more about the story of the 350 year old Canal du Midi built in the 17th Century and still considered an engineering marvel. (UNESCO Site).
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Place du Prado, 11000 Carcassonne, France
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.