Shared Puerto Princesa Firefly Watching
Experience the magic of Iwahig Firefly Watching.
Magical Nights with Fireflies for Nature Lovers
We’ve all been told stories of glowing fireflies by our parents and grandparents, who made games out of catching them during their childhood years, and watching out for them at night during their youth.
Sadly, for most of us, these stories remain in their memories as the increasing number of brightly lit skyscrapers and waning number of trees have rendered these special creatures nearly extinct in urban areas. In some places however, their magic remains, and numerous tourists are willing to travel just to experience what it is like to dance with flying lights in the dark.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Dinner at a local restaurant (Optional)
What's excluded :
- As the top island destination in travel, Puerto Princesa, Palawan offers much more than scenic beaches and a lush greenery, which, in and of themselves are inviting reasons to visit. Unknown to many is that the island also offers a mangrove forest that hosts a flock of fireflies where tourists go to enjoy the Iwahig Firefly Watching experience.
A short 45-minute drive from the City Center, the Iwahig Firefly Watching experience promises a visual treat that tourists of all ages are certain to enjoy. The entire experience arouses a theme park ride thrill, but even better since it is the real thing. Be prepared to feel like you just stepped into the pages of a storybook, or into one of the tales told by your parents and grandparents when you were younger.
Tourists are taken on a boat that crosses over a swamp and into the mangrove forest, during which the boatman carries with him a dim red light, designed to attract the fireflies. While waiting for the magical bugs to arrive, you may also get the chance to learn about the real stars through vivid constellations in the sky, or about the glowing plankton beneath you underwater.
Once the fireflies finally reveal themselves, be prepared to feel breathless, as you will see entire trees come alive as though they had been decorated with blinking Christmas lights. If you can, try to get a seat near the front of the boat so that your guide can show you how to catch a firefly or two… the pretty bugs are even more beautiful up close!
It would also be wise to try to resist the temptation to take photos, because you are bound to be disappointed. The area is much too dark to capture a good photo, and the flashes from the cameras will only scare the fireflies away.
Instead, be in the moment and revel in the magic of the Iwahig Fireflies, as the experience only lasts for a short 30 minutes or more and ends much too soon for many of the visitors. You certainly won’t regret it!
Enjoy and have ready your night vision camera!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Puerto Princesa Airport, Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island Philippines
- Puerto Princesa Seaport
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 900 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.