Shared Monserrate Tour
You can’t miss Monserrate on your trip to Bogota. And now, you can’t miss its fofficial walking tour. Discover the best of the most touristic spot of the city with us and enjoy being guided along Monserrate Hill and having unique experiences such as tasting traditional Colombian food and flipping a lucky coin. Get amazed by the great views of Bogota, receive insights of the city and learn some interesting information about Catholicism and Colombian costumes and traditions.
• A complete and very informative walk along the hill with its imposing and memorable views of the city
• A visit inside the Shrine of the Fallen Lord of Monserrate and learning about the importance of Catholicism in the country
• Tasting two traditional Colombian snacks
• A brief lesson about Colombia’s fauna and flora
• Having fun with the wishing well tradition of flipping a lucky coin
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tasting of traditional ‘onces’: hot chocolate with cheese
- Patacón with hogao, fried green plantain with tomato and onion sauce
- Aguapanela, sugarcane-based typical drink
- All-risk insurance
What's excluded :
- Extra purchases
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mount Monserrate, Carrera 2 E No. 21-48 Paseo Bolívar, Bogota Colombia
Understand the history of the Sanctuary and the importance of Catholicism for Colombians’ costumes and traditions.
Stop At: Cerros Orientales, Bogota Colombia
Be part of fulfilling experience in Monserrate, the most touristic place of Bogotá with its official walking tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Iglesia Basilica del Senor de Monserrate, Bogota Colombia
Walk inside the Basilica of the Fallen Lord of Monserrate to understand the importance of Catholicism for Colombians’ identity.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Monserrate, Bogota, Colombia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, we will provide an umbrella in case it rains.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- At Gran Colombia Tours we ensure your well-being and safety. Our team of tour guides, drivers, and collaborators are prepared to assist you by complying with all biosecurity protocols. We protect ourselves from COVID-19 with all the measures to welcome you back.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.