Shanghai Private Tour to Zhujiajiao Ancient Town with Local Lunch
With a private guide, stroll through 1,700 years of history on a leisurely boat tour of this delightful Zhujiajiao water town.This indepth tour covers the experiential activity, such as Han Chinese Clothing, face painting, writing blessing card, tea-tasting and visit Zhujiajiao Qing-period Post Office. Come with us trough this unforgettable Classical Water town experience !
1. Comprehensive day tour of Zhujiajiao water town
2. Wear Han Chinese Clothing to visit Zhujiajiao Kezhi Garden
3. Taking a boat sailing on the water of Zhujiajiao is a highlighted experience
4. Zhujiajiao Qing-period Post Office is the earliest postal service in east China
5. Includes a private guide, authentic local lunch
6. Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Admission to the indicated attractions
- English-speaking tour guide
- Experience Chinese traditional cultural activities
- Lunch - Authentic local lunch
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Zhujiajiao Kezhi Garden
- Entry/Admission - Zhujiajiao Ancient Town
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zhujiajiao Kezhi Garden, No.109 Xijing Street, Zhujiajiao Town, Qingpu District, Shanghai 201713 China
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in central Shanghai and transfer to Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town.
Located in a suburb of Shanghai city, Zhujiajiao Water Town is well-known throughout the country, with a history of more than 1,700 years. Zhujiajiao makes a name for itself with it's convenient land and water transportation, beautiful scenery, abundant products, is the most well-preserved jiangnan water town in Shanghai and being regarded as Shanghai's Venice.
Zhujiajiao Ancient Water Town boasts imposing gardens as well as ancient dwellings built during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Among the ancient architecture, Kezhi Garden is the largest manorial garden.
We will spend an hour visiting Zhujiajiao Kezhi Garden and experiencing Chinese traditional cultural activities, such as face painting, writing blessing card and drawing Chinese fan.
Kezhi Garden features beautiful sightseeing and quiet and secluded surroundings. It consists mainly of three parts, including a hall area, an artificial hill area and a garden area. In the artificial hill area, there is magnificent symbolic architecture - a foursquare five-story building, on the top of which stands a diametric pavilion. This building is considered the tallest architecture in Zhujiajiao Town.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Zhujiajiao Ancient Town, No.36 Meizhou Road, Qingpu District Zhujiajiao Town, Shanghai 201713 China
Wander in the north street of old town, the ancient street filled with representative ancient buildings from the Ming and Qing Dynasties and numerous small shops, you can taste delicious local snacks and pick the souvenir. Take a boat sailing on the water of Zhujiajiao and admire the old-time buildings and courtyards along waterfronts.
We enjoy local lunch at noon. Then, we will visit landmarks including the Daqing post office, City God Temple and Yuanjin Temple. We will have a rest and tea-tasting near the river bank.
At the end of the tour, we will leave Zhujiajiao and return to hotel
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Zhujiajiao Bridge, North Street, Zhujiajiao Town, Shanghai China
It is said that to visit Zhujiajiao Water Town without seeing the bridges means that you have not really been to Zhujiajiao at all. Bridges here are distinctive and old, built during Ming and Qing Dynasties. The old Zhujiajiao Town is thoroughly connected by 36 delicate spans in different shapes and styles, from wooden to stone to marble.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will pick you up from hotels centrally located in Shanghai.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.