Shai Hills and Akosombo Dam Tour
On this tour, travelers will have the opportunity to go on a safari to see Antelopes, baboons, birds and also see the remnants of the early Shai people who occupied the now Shai Resource Reserve. We will also continue to Akosombo to see the first Hydro Electric Dam in Ghana and also the biggest man-made lake in the world, the Lake Volta.
We will also have a 30 minutes cruise on the Volta River after Lunch at Royal Senchi Hotel.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Lunch at a Hotel after the Dam Tour
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Shai Hills Resource Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Akosombo Hydro Plant
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shai Hills Resource Reserve, Akosombo-Tema Rd Ghana
Our first stop on this tour will be the Shai Hills Resources Reserve. We will go on a two hours safari in the reserve to see Monkeys, Antelopes and different species of birds. We will also explore some caves and climb hills. The protected area was home to the Shai people before they were ejected by the British in 1892, remains of Shai peoples works can still be found at the reserve.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Akosombo Hydro Plant, Lake Volta, Akosombo Ghana
The Akosombo Dam, also known as the Volta Dam, is a hydroelectric dam on the Volta River in southeastern Ghana in the Akosombo gorge and part of the Volta River Authority. Power generated from this dam is supplied to households and industries and also exported to Togo, Burkina Faso, Benin and Ivory Coast.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Oxford Street, Oxford St, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Kotoka Airport, Accra Ghana
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.