Shadows of York: Voted Best Small Attraction in York
Are you brave enough to uncover some of York’s turbulent and tragic past? A past that manifests itself in the unexplained sightings of shapes and shadows haunting our streets and buildings. Do you believe in ghosts?
My name is Mackenzie. I want to take you on a journey through the lanes and snickelways that, if the walls could speak, would deliver some the most chilling stories of all time.
I work with small groups of around 20-25 people. It’s fun and more personal and this way, I can get to know you and you, in turn, can ask me questions while we slip, unnoticed into the shadows.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- No wheelchairs provided
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: York Minster, Minster Yard Deangate, York YO1 7HH England
See the outside of the Minster
Stop At: 11 Shambles, York YO1 7LZ England
Shambles is a 15th century street, originally built as a meat market but mow jome to many Harry Potter shops.
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :The Belfrey, High Petergate, York YO1 7EN, UK
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :1: Stonegate, York YO1, UK
2: Shambles, York YO1, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for young children (Under 7)
- Most travelers can participate
- No drunk or disorderly behaviour is acceptable. Anyone misbehaving will be turned away without refund. Private bookings available for large groups or hen parties. (subject to availability)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- This is an outdoor event but face masks must be worn when walking from one destination to another. They may be removed once we reach our various locations providing it is safe to do so. Group sizes are limited for each night as per government guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.