Seven Day Mount Kilimanjaro Climb on Rongai Route from Moshi
This route is perfect for those looking for an alternative to the Marangu route due to provides more shelter from the weather and high winds. Rongai route is best option during the rainy season due to its location, which receive little rain but it does usually have far lower traffic than the other routes. It is generally considered to be the easiest of the quality routes on the mountain. Rongai is the best route for people who are looking for a decent quality experience and are perhaps not absolutely confident about their fitness and the route is good for people with no much experience on mountain climbing. This route can be climbed for 6-days, although 7-days is recommended for better acclimatization
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation prior to climb(Including breakfast sharing twin room)
- Accommodation after the climb(Including breakfast sharing twin room)
- During the climb you will share tent with 1-2 other climber
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads(2 inches thick)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- Professional mountain crew (with over 6 years of experience in climbing)
- Each climber will be provided porters(carry 15 kg)
- Pick up at International Airport
- Transfer to the hotel As per arranged
- Return to Kilimanjaro airport.
- Transfer to the trail head
- Modern tents
- First aid kit
- Portable flush toilets can be provided for free upon clients request
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery)
- Oxygen systems and pulse oximeters
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Personal gear rental
- Guide $15 – $20 per day
- Cook $10 – $15 per day
- Porter $8 – $10 per day
- International Flights and Insurance
- 100 per person for US Nationals and $50 per person for other Country Nationals
- Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before and after climbing
- DAY 1: NALEMORU GATE (1990METERS) TO SIMBA CAMP (2625METERS)
Day one this morning, a guide and a mountain support crew will arrive at the hotel in order to meet you and hold a quick briefing, after briefing you will travel by vehicle to Kilimanjaro National Park’s northern entrance. Your trek this day will be moderate and take you through coniferous forest up Kilimanjaro’s northern slope. Remember not to hurry and always keep a comfortable speed.
DAY 2: SIMBA CAMP (2625METERS) TO 2ND CAVE CAMP (3480METERS)
Day two after getting breakfast, the morning hike is a steady ascent up to the Second Cave Camp located in the moorland zone with superb views of Kibo and the Eastern ice fields on the crater rim.
DAY 3: 2ND CAMP (2625METERS) TO KIKELEWA CAMP (3630METERS)
Day three Early in the morning after breakfast, the hike continues from Simba Camp to start trekking towards your second high altitude camp Kikilewa Camp (3,630 m). This trekking is more physically demanding than the previous one. By our professional mountain crew will set up camp and cook dinner for you in the sheltered valley near Kikelewa caves at 3630m.
DAY 4: KIKELEWA CAMP (3630METERS) TO MAWENZI TARN HUT (4310METERS)
Day four early wakeup, after breakfast we start of trekking to Mawenzi Tarn Camp. The route we have is short but steep ascent up grassy slopes which is rewarded by a superb view of the Kenyan plains to the north.
DAY 5: MAWENZI TARN HUT (4310METERS) TO KIBO HUT (4700METERS)
Day five is a long but gradual hike, we leave our campsite and cross the lunar desert of the ‘saddle’ between Mawenzi and Kibo After a couple hours trekking, reach this spectacular place, with the summit of Kilimanjaro in the background and our trail to the high camp stretched out before our eyes.
DAY 6: KIBO HUT (4700METERS) TO UHURU PEAK (5895METERS) TO HOROMBO HUT (3700METERS)
Day six is the summit stage. You will begin your final ascent around midnight which will be long and strenuous. Passing the Hans Meyer Cave at 5220meters, the climb slowly but surely goes upwards. At sunrise, you will reach Gillman’s Point (5681meters) the crater rim of Kilimanjaro where the sun will slowly start to warm up the land.
DAY 7: HOROMBO HUT (3700METERS) TO MARANGU GATE (1860METERS)
The final day from Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate (1,870 meters) is a long one, nearly 20km. Soon, you will once again pass the tropical rainforest and after a total time of 6 hours trekking, you will be back at the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (1860m). After saying goodbye to your mountain guides, a short transfer follows to take you back to your hotel in Moshi. Once there, you can take a warm and relaxing shower and celebrate your success in reaching the summit of the Kilimanjaro.
Departure Point :In your Hotel at Moshi
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.