SERRA DA ESTRELA - Descending the Zêzere Glacier Valley by Bicycle.
Descending the Zêzere Glacier Valley, in the heart of the Serra da Estrela, by bicycle, is an extraordinary and unique experience, especially if you take into account that in the end someone will transport you by car to the starting point.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Transport at the end of the tour, from the place where it ends to the starting point.
What's excluded :
- This bike tour starts at Covão D’Ametade, located at 1440 meters altitude, has an extension of about 11 km and ends in Manteigas, at 710 meters altitude. That is, during this journey, always in a downward direction, you will be able to enjoy, without effort, all the beauty of this place.
By bicycle, you will be involved in a scenario of great tranquility, surrounded by mountains, to the "sound of music" promoted by the many waterfalls and the livestock in this area.
You will be able to taste the fresh water of Fonte Paulo Martins, see the entire surrounding landscape from various perspectives, with emphasis on the Fat, Thin and Rough Cântaro, 3 monumental rock formations.
While pedals you will pass by small houses (cuts) that were built with the use of local stones to give shelter to the shepherds and to admire huge loose boulders, which were transported in the thaw and that are scattered throughout the valley.
Before entering the final part of this adventure, you can make a strategic stop and take the opportunity to take a refreshing dip in the crystal clear waters of the River Zêzere.
In Manteigas, the last point of this journey, you will be able to sit on a terrace to relive this journey and review all the photos you have taken, while tasting a tasty mountain cheese accompanied by a glass of local wine.
Departure Point :Covão d'Ametade, N338, 6260, Portugal
Return Detail :Largo do Valazedo, 6260 Manteigas, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- During this experience, all standards required by local authorities must be respected.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.