Semi Private Jewish Ghetto,Synagogue & Trastevere District - Pick up included
MIN 2 MAX 8 PAX - ENGLISH ONLY
A walk in one of the most fascinating quarters of Rome, with its narrow and charming streets, full of artisan shops and kosher restaurants. Then a visit of the Synagogue and the Museum.
Total Duration: 3 hours
• Trastevere District
• Jewish Ghetto
• Synagogue and Museum
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (5 - 8 pax)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Hotel drop-off
- While most people identify Italy as the most Catholic country in the world, actually, it’s said that Rome is the city where Jews first migrated to the Western World. Arriving as messengers sent by Judah Maccabee in the second century B.C.E., even withstanding all the cataclysm that disrupted their existence, the Jewish population continued to grow in Rome.
The Jews spent 315 years (from 1555 to 1870) in the Ghetto and during that period they lived in incredible poverty with cramped conditions increasing more and more as the population grew in an area that was often flooded by the overflow from the Tiber river.
Tour starts by the Ponte Sisto bridge, built in the 15th century during the period of Pope Sixtus IV. Proceed to the picturesque Trastevere quarter; walking around this colourful area, we reach Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere with its Basilica, the first one dedicated to the Virgin Mary, built in the 4th century. Passing by the Tiber Island we will go straight to the nearby Jewish Ghetto.
Strolling down tiny streets and pedestrian areas of the quarter, we will get in touch with the past and the present day life of one of the biggest Jewish community in Europe.
Tour ends in the Jewish museum of Rome, reopened only in 2005, located in the great Synagogue building, showing 7 new areas of magnificent artifacts and precious documents, witness of the 2000 year old history of Jews in Rome.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Brastours