Semenggoh & Jong's Crocodile Farm
Semenggoh Rehabilitation Center, a temporary home for displaced Orang Utans that have been rescued from captivity and young orphaned primates. These animals are re-trained to survive in their natural habitat. They learn how to forage for natural food and build nests in the trees. Many have been returned into the surrounding area. Take a walk on the trails and try to spot semi-wild Orang Utans.
Set amidst the charming backdrop of tall tropical trees, lush vegetation and local fruit trees lies this unique farm with over a thousand crocodiles bred in captivity. The farm provides a perfect sanctuary for the reptiles, saving the species from extinction. There are huge and deep concrete ponds and natural breeding grounds for the crocodiles to mate and multiply.Visitors are able to gaze at the snapping jaws, cold menacing eyes, sharp pointed teeth and powerful lashing tails of the crocs within short distance yet safe because of the metal fence.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Return Hotel Tour Transfer
- 1 Water Bottle per person
- Transfer by Air-Conditioned MiniVan
What's excluded :
- Foods & Drinks
- Kuching Outskirt Pickup ( Arrangement can be made with additional surcharge
- Semengoh Wildlife Centre located a short drive from the centre of the city. The aims of the centre are to rehabilitate confiscated wildlife which has been incapacitated or handicapped due to prolonged captivity by humans, with the objective of eventually releasing them to the forests; to conduct research on wildlife and captive breeding, particularly on endangered and game species for small scale farming; and to serve as an education centre for wildlife conservation for students, trainee teachers and the general public.
Crocodile farm and zoo is the first and the largest captive crocodile breeding farm in Malaysia have more than two thousand crocodile bred in captivity. Among the exhibit is a article described the history of the farm from the start till present time. There are two types of crocodile being bred at the farm....Saltwater Crocodile (Crocodylus Porosus) and Freshwater Malaysan Gharial(Tomistoma).
A visit to the Crocodile Museum at the main building will enhanced your knowledge about the crocodile and their behaviour and habitats. The various exhibits documented the various record of man-and crocodile clashes in the Sarawak region. One of the prominent exhibit is the the skull of the famous Bujang Senang. The other equally attractive and popular is the feeding of the Arapaima...a giant freshwater fish at the Fresh Water Pond at 11.30 am and another at 3.30pm. Sharing the ponds are more than 15 other species of freshwater tropical fish, like chinese carps.
A walk through the well laid-out trail will reveal you the various crocodile holding pond and other animal cages, bearded wild boar, the sun bear and also a number of birds species.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pullman KuchingMerdeka Hotel KuchingRanee Boutique HotelRiverside Majestic Riverside Astana Wing Hotel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Things to Bring Along:
- Extra Water Bottle
- Day Pack
- Insect Repellent
- Sun Screen Lotion
- Hat / Cap
- Comfortable Walking Shoes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.