Sema Ceremony (Whirling Dervishes) in Cappadocia
To witness the captivating dance of the Whirling Dervish
A rare opportunity to watch a world-renowned ceremony
Roundtrip transport to and from your hotel in Cappadocia
Experience the representation of man's spiritual ascent
Gain an insight into a form of Sufism worship
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cappadocia, Cappadocia
Take the opportunity to witness the mystical ceremony of the Whirling Dervish, a practice of the Sufi Mevlevi Order dating from the 13th century.
You will witness Sema, a ceremony representing the mystical journey of man's spiritual ascent through love and his search for truth and perfection. Turning towards the truth, a dervish grows through love, deserts his ego, finds the truth, and arrives at Perfection.
The dervishes, with their head-dresses and white skirts, are spiritually born to the truth by removing their black cloaks, and the journey and advance to spiritual maturity through the stage of the Sema ceremony. Holding their arms in a crisscross position, they represent the number one and testify to god’s unity. While Whirling, their arms open, their right hands directed toward the sky and ready to receive God’s beneficence, gazing up, they turn their left hands toward the earth and turn from right to left, pivoting around the heart.
The ceremony lasts approximately one hour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off from hotels in Cappadocia (with exception of Kayseri area)
Departure Time :8:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.