Self-guided Virtual Tour of the Cats of Athens: Cats on the prowl
Experience the historical center of Athens, the area of Plaka, that belongs to the cats from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour, narrated in English, from your PC or smartphone browser. It’s so simple! You will receive an email with the tour link with instructions and, in a couple of minutes, you will travel back in time and enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street and satellite views, you will learn not only about historical facts but also discover unknown stories and tales of ancient and modern times about the beloved cats that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging and informative. The tour is only available online and you can access it repeatedly and anytime.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for the Athens historic center with satellite & street views
- Audio content with engaging & original stories in English
- 5 Points of Interest containing a total of 30 stories
What's excluded :
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Anafiotika, Athens 105 58 Greece
Watch the Greek light dance on the colourful fur of cats in Anafiotika as you read about the sudden appearance of black and white cats 2000 years ago. When the cats first appeared in the city and where did they come from?
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Ancient Agora of Athens, Adrianou 24, Athens 105 55 Greece
Hear the primordial purring of the cats as you overlook the Ancient Agora, where the aristocrats used to take their leopards for a walk. Listen to the stories and find out how Aristotle, the famous philosopher, described the cats.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Roman Agora, Polignotou 3, Athens 105 55 Greece
When the Romans conquered Athens, they established their own Agora where today the cats roam freely in the ruins. Feel the glories of the Roman era, the Byzantine and Ottoman past that surround you in the Roman Agora, as you learn about the role and the mission of the cats during the Roman times.
Duration: 7 minutes
Departure Point :Anafiotika 11, Athina 105 58, Greece
Departure Time :5/4/2020 - 2/25/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Non-refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.