Self-guided Virtual Tour of De Pijp: Factories and the Rise of Working Class
Experience De Pijp from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour, narrated in English, from your PC or smartphone browser. You will receive an email with the tour link with instructions and, in a couple of minutes, you'll enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street & satellite views, you will learn not only about historical facts but also discover unknown stories and tales of contemporary times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging & informative. The tour is only available online and can be accessed repeatedly and anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the rise of the working class in the Netherlands and the nineteenth century society, and immerse yourself in the surroundings/exhibits in an entirely innovative way.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for De Pijp district with satellite & street views
- Audio content with engaging & original stories in English
- 10 Points of Interest containing a total of 32 Stories
What's excluded :
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sarphatipark, 1073 CZ Amsterdam The Netherlands
In the middle of De Pijp district, there is a green oasis, the Sarphatipark named after physician, urban planner, and philanthropist Samuel Sarphati. Travel back and learn about a man who devoted his entire life to the task of improving his fellow citizens' living conditions.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: House with the Gnomes, Ceintuurbaan 251-255, 1074 CZ Amsterdam The Netherlands
As the tour continues, you can admire the House with the Gnomes, a 19th century treasure unique in Amsterdam. Come closer in order to observe this true patchwork of architectural styles with renaissance elements and a variety of building materials.
Duration: 7 minutes
Stop At: Royal Asscher Diamond Company Ltd. HQ, Tolstraat 127, 1074 VJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
The Royal Asscher Diamond Company was founded by the Asscher Family, famous for cutting some of the most legendary diamonds in the world. Listen to the stories and find out which is the largest diamond ever found.
Duration: 6 minutes
Departure Point :Sarphatipark 37I, 1073 CP Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :4/30/2020 - 2/25/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Non-refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.