Self-Guided Tour: Mount Titlis Glacier Excursion plus Ice Flyer
This is a self-guided tour and you may travel fully independent to the Engelberg valley and Mount Titlis Glacier World.
With our detailed travel instructions you travel according your preferences, you may stop whereever you want and enjoy the views at a specific point as long as you prefer.
You will get the travel booklet and all necessary personalized tickets by e-mail after your booking - no mobile device necessary during the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- all necessary tickets for your tour (train to Engelberg, cableway to Mt. Titlis)
- all taxes, fees and handling charges
- travel booklet with detailed description of your self-guided tour (step-by-step)
- travel booklet with all schedules and alternates for your flexibility
- emergency contact from SwissTravelGuide
- Entry/Admission - Mount Titlis
- Entry/Admission - Titlis Cliff Walk
- Entry/Admission - Ice Flyer
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lucerne, Lucerne
Pass By: Stans, Stans, Canton of Nidwalden
Stans is the capital of the canton of Nidwalden (Nidwald) in Switzerland.Stans is one of the oldest settlements in the entire Nidwalden valley.
Stop At: Engelberg, Engelberg, Canton of Obwalden
Engelberg is a village resort and a municipality in the canton of Obwalden in Switzerland.
The municipality of Engelberg is an exclave of Obwalden, surrounded by the cantons of Bern, Nidwalden and Uri.
Engelberg is a major mountain resort in Central Switzerland. In the Middle Ages, Engelberg was known for the educational quality of its Benedictine monastery, Engelberg Abbey. From the 19th Century onwards Engelberg became internationally known as a mountain resort, but it is today visited as much for skiing as for its Alpine character. With its combination of modern snow and sports facilities and alpine location, Engelberg is popular today for both summer and winter tourism.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Mount Titlis, Poststrasse 3 Talstation, Engelberg 6390 Switzerland
From here, the cableway to Mount Titlis starts.
Stop At: Mount Titlis, Poststrasse 3 Talstation, Engelberg 6390 Switzerland
Titlis is a mountain of the Uri Alps, located on the border between the cantons of Obwalden and Bern. At 3,238 metres (10,623 ft) above sea level, it is the highest summit of the range north of the Susten Pass, between the Bernese Oberland and Central Switzerland. It is mainly accessed from Engelberg (OW) on the north side and is famous as the site of the world's first rotating cable car. The cable car system connects Engelberg (996 m (3,268 ft)) to the summit of Klein Titlis (3,028 m (9,934 ft)) through the three stages of Gerschnialp (1,262 m (4,140 ft)), Trübsee (1,796 m (5,892 ft)) and Stand (2,428 m (7,966 ft)).
The last part of cable car leads above the glacier. At Klein Titlis, it is possible to visit an illuminated glacier cave from an entrance within the cable-car station, which also includes shops and restaurants. The Titlis Cliff Walk, the highest elevation suspension bridge in Europe, opened in December 2012, giving views across the Alps.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Titlis Cliff Walk, Along the Cliff of Mount Titlis Swiss Alps, Engelberg 6390 Switzerland
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ice Flyer, 6390 Engelberg, Switzerland
Ice Flyer - a journey with the seating chair lift over the glacier.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Engelberg, Engelberg, Canton of Obwalden
Departure Point :Zentralstrasse 1, 6003 Luzern, Switzerland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face mask required in public transportation, shops and stores
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.