Self-guided Simatai Great Wall Hike with Bonus Tour to Gubei Watertown
* Suitable for families with kids or seniors.
* Group size varies from 5 people to 25 people
* Easy-to-get-to meeting point at Subway Line 2 Chaoyangmen Station Exit A
* Snack for the early morning departure
* Super discounted prices
* Included: Hotel (or nearby meeting point) pickup in the morning if your hotel is within the 2nd Ring Road Loop.
* No booking deadline.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - served as breakfast for those who have to skip the breakfast to catch the departure time at 7:30 am
- Entry/Admission - Simatai Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Gubei Water Town
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Simatai Great Wall, Gubeikou Town, Beijing 101508 China
The Simatai Great Wall is the only Great Wall in my country that retains the original appearance of the Ming Dynasty. It is a valuable world cultural heritage. It was rated as the “Top 25 Scenic Spots Not to Be Missed in the World” by The Times.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Gubei Water Town, Simatai villege, Gubeikou town, Beijing China
Situated in Gubeikou Town of Miyun County in Beijing, Gubei Water Town surrounds the beautiful Mandarin Duck Lake Reservoir and leans against the Simatai Great Wall, the most dangerous and majestic section of the entire Great Wall. Regarded as 'Wuzhen in Beijing,' Gubei Water Town boasts a combination of mountains, water, and ancient villages.
The water town was built on the former five subnatural villages of Simatai Village at the foot of Simatai Great Wall. The Simatai village was developed from Simatai Castle built during the reign of Emperor Wanli ( 1573 -1620 ) in the Ming Dynasty (1368–1644).
It is not just a historical water town but is a northern Chinese version of Wuzhen Water Town in Southern China, has developed into a large-scale sightseeing and holiday destination.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Chaoyangmen, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
Traveler pickup is offered
Free pickup from any hotel within the 2nd Ring Road radius (central Beijing). Due to the poor traffic in Beijing, hotel pickup is not available outside this radius. Group gathering, however, is located in a very convenient location - Chaoyangmen Subway/Metro Station Exit A (Subway Line 2). In Chinese, it is 地铁2号线朝阳门地铁站A口。Please get there by 7:20 am to meet the group. You may ask your hotel's concierge for the direction and instruction of taking the subway. There are signs in Beijing Subway lines and announcements of arrival in English on the train.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Dongzhimen, Dongcheng, Beijing, China
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.