Self-Guided Mt Pilatus Tour and Lake Lucerne Cruise from Lucerne
Combine Lucerne’s landmark mountain with a boat on Lake Lucerne – an absolute must of your visit to the Lake Lucerne Region. Taking the cruise lake ship right in front of the train station of Lucerne the Golden Round Trip starts. After a 1 hour boat trip on Lake Lucerne, a spectacular ride on world’s steepest cogwheel railway brings you to Mount Pilatus. On 2132 meters altitude (7000 feet’s) panoramic views over Lake Lucerne and the Alps awaits you. Enjoy the exhilarating 5-minutes ride by the new aerial cableway “Dragon Ride” down to Fräkmüntegg. Afterwards you change into the panorama gondolas which take you down to the Valley Station Kriens. A 5-minute walk and a 10-minutes bus ride takes you back to Lucerne.
This is no guided tour and it's why that there is no meeting point.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Cruise ship (2nd class)
- Cogwheel train ride (operating from middle May till 8 November 2020)
- Panorama gondola ride (closed due to revision 2 to 6 November 2020)
- Aerial cableways ride (closed due to revision 2 to 6 November 2020)
- Bus ride from Kriens-Lucerne main station (or vice versa)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Pilatus Luzern
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include a CHF 5 parking fee (per day)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit: Pilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Take the panoramic cable car from Kriens, closed to Lucerne (bus no. 1 from Lucerne station, bus stop Zentrum Pilatus in Kriens, then a 10 minutes walk to the cable car station) and in 30 minutes you will reach the station Fräkmüntegg where you will find lots of attractions for the families like the biggist rope park in Central Switzerland, Dragon Glider, Top Tree Path and Restaurants. You will also change into the big cable car Dragon Ride there and in 3 minutes you will reach the top of Pilatus, the Dragon Mountain, where you can enjoy the panoramic views over the Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps, taste some local meal in one of the Restaurants or do a unforgettable hiking tour. Going back you can take the steepest cogwheel railway in the world to the village of Alpnachstad, located directly at the lake (you need 30 minutes for the ascent and 40 minutes for the descent) and enjoy this ride with the unique cogwheel railway. Please note the operation time. Back to Lucerne by boat.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Pilatus Luzern, Schlossweg 1, Kriens, Lucerne 6010 Switzerland
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't miss the last transportation down to the valley
- Please note tour is unguided
- Only printed vouchers will be accepted
- Operates in almost all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cable ways are not in operation in the case of storms
- Starting direction 1: Take the cruise ship at the railway station in Lucerne (Quai 2 in front of the train station)
- Starting direction 2: Take bus number 1 at the railway station in Lucerne to Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus
- IMPORTANT: From 2 to 6 November 2020 cable cars are not running due to revision.
- From 2 to 6 November 2020 only two cruise ships courses are available (departures from Lucerne: 9:14 and 13:38).
- It is not possible to book a specific time slot
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- It's not a guided tour, there is not a meeting point.
- The world's steepest cogwheel railway is operating from middle May till 8 November 2020.
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.