Self-guided bike tour in the Pfaffenheim vineyards
On the handlebars of an electrically assisted mountain bike, equipped with a smartphone serving as a GPS and audio guide, set off on a 25km circuit, a veritable "vineyard bath" off the beaten track.
You will focus on the sole pleasure of discovering our values of agroecology and local wines. A glance at the screen of the smartphone is enough to navigate with confidence between the plots, at your own pace, in complete freedom.
The circuit is punctuated by 14 stages displayed on the screen and materialized by a sign at the edge of the vineyard.
Using the audio app, you are invited to discover a story, a landscape and to share our commitments.
You will have time to stop by the butcher to bite into a sandwich, have a quick meal or have lunch in the restaurant on the course.
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
What's included :
- smartphone serving as a GPS and audio guide
- Electric mountain bike
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pfaffenheim, Pfaffenheim, Haut-Rhin, Grand Est
As you cross the village of Pfaffenheim, you will see many typical winegrowers' houses, with porch and cellar on the ground floor and living quarters upstairs.
You will also pass in front of the Saint Martin church whose historic choir dates from 1235. It is typical of the Romanesque-Gothic transition and is the best example of this in Alsace
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Le Strangenberg, 68250 Westhalten France
The Strangenberg hill has great heritage value, thanks to the exceptional flora and fauna that flourish there. It is part of the network of European sites classified as "Natura 2000"
Depending on the season, you can observe pulsating anemones, wild orchids and green lizards.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Zinnkoepfle, Rue d'Or, 68570 Soultzmatt France
You will cross the slope of the Grand Cru Zinnkoepflé at its foot and will be able to appreciate the majesty of this great Alsace terroir. The vines flourish on slopes of 45% in places. Viticulture reaches the peak of demand here. Don't we say that wine is a stubbornness of civilization?
You will also stop at the foot of one of the oldest plots of vines on this hill, planted in 1936.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rouffach, Rouffach, Haut-Rhin, Grand Est
The town of Rouffach was in the 5th century a residence of the Merovingian kings of Austrasia who built the castle of Isenbourg, which you will see when leaving the village.
In the 7th century, the city experienced a miracle: the future bishop of Strasbourg, Arbogast, would have resuscitated the son of King Dagobert II, who gratefully offered the city to the Prince-Bishop of Strasbourg.
The city then becomes the capital of the possessions of the bishopric, in the form of Haut-Mundat, of which Eguisheim and Soultz are also part. The city is undergoing strong development which allows the construction of an enclosure that you will partially bypass.
As you cross the city, you will also see:
- the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption
- the Old Convent of Franciscans, of the Récollets (17th-18th century)
- the Old Town Hall (1581) and the Witches' Tower.
- the old corn market (1524) and the Bailiwick Museum.
Without forgetting the bust of Marshal of the Empire François Joseph Lefebvre born in Rouffach in 1755.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :DOMAINE RIEFLÉ-LANDMANN, 7 Rue du Drotfeld, 68250 Pfaffenheim, France
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- We reserve the right to refuse the departure to people with difficulty in cycling.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.