Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour
Cruise the waters of the River Seine before enjoying a unique view of old Paris from the Canal Saint Martin. See many of the major attractions of Paris from the water including Notre Dame and The Louvre. Pass through tunnels, locks and under bridges as you cruise through some of the Parisian neighborhoods less popular with tourists and explore the city from the water. Choose a morning or afternoon departure to best fit your schedule.
For Christmas Holidays, we offer the breakfast the morning, and a snack on the afternoon. Children will enjoy make up activities the afternoon ! It is a special offer ! Book Now !
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Live onboard commentary
- Entry/Admission - Canal Saint-Martin
- Entry/Admission - Seine River
- Entry/Admission - Bassin de la Villette
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This two and a half hour cruise on the River Seine and the Canal Saint Martin gives a unique view of Paris. You will experience both the grandeur of the Seine and the quiet intimacy of Paris' network of inner-urban canals, created by Napoleon Bonaparte in the early 1800s. Along the way, your informative guide-interpreter will provide illuminating insights into the history of Paris and its canals.
Your River Seine cruise begins near the Musée d'Orsay and sweeps you past a parade of monuments: the Louvre Museum, the Institute of France, the spires of Notre Dame Cathedral and tiny Ile Saint Louis, before arriving at the entrance of the Canal Saint Martin.
The first section of the canal takes you through an eerily lit tunnel which passes under the Place de la Bastille. Emerging from the tunnel you will discover the most romantic "boulevard" in Paris - the Canal Saint Martin's three miles of pure poetry. Reflected in the canal's waters you'll see old swing bridges, half-moon footbridges and the abundant foliage of horse-chestnut trees.
A trip along the Canal Saint Martin reveals a side of Paris that tourists don't usually get to see. The canal winds its way through a series of 19th-century locks and enchanting old areas of Paris until, 26 meters above the Seine, the canal reaches the Villette Basin. Here you will pass the raised Crimea Bridge before arriving at La Villette Park, where the Science Museum, the Geode and enchanting gardens await you.
Note that the morning tour begins near Musée d'Orsay and ends at Bassin de la Villette. In the afternoon the schedule is reversed, beginning at Bassin de la Villette and ending near Musée d'Orsay.
Departure Point :1: Quai Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
2: La Villette, 211 Avenue Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris, France
Return Detail :1: La Villette, 211 Avenue Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris, France
2: Quai Anatole France, 75007 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.