Secret Antiquities and Claros Tour
Visit two ancient cities in the region – Metropolis and Claros. The city of Metropolis is the city of "Mother Goddess" and was only recently discovered. It is currently being excavated on the Aegean coast. Claros, the prophecy center of Colophon, is one of the twelve Ionic cities. The Temple of Apollo is located here and was a very important symbol of prophecy which dates back to the time of Alexander the Great. Walk 1.5 miles over uneven and solid ground with inclines and 15-25 steps. The tour includes a carpet demonstration. The total drive is almost 2.5 hours on this tour.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Claros
- Entry/Admission - Metropolis Antik Kenti
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Claros, Menderes Ilcesi'nde, Ahmetbeyli (Ales) Vadisinin taban duzlugu, Menderes Turkey
Claros is one of the important historical places in Turkey. On Ionia's coast, Claros was an ancient Greek sanctuary. It included a temple and Apollo's oracle that was honoured as Apollo Clarius. It was located 12 kilometres to the north in the territory of Colophon, one of the twelve Ionic Cities. Two kilometres to the south is the coastal town Notion.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Metropolis Antik Kenti, Just outside of town of Torbali, Torbali Turkey
Our first stop will be the classic city of Metropolis. The site is occupied in the Neolithic period. The period of the Hittites is also confirmed. On the site, there is a good representation of classical, Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman times. The earliest known settlement on the site is the Neolithic, which shows that the Troy is in contact. The acropolis of Metropolis has found an uncovered seal written in hieroglyphics such as the Hittites. The town was known as Puranda during the Hittite period. Bademgedigi Tepe is the archaeological site with large quantities of the local pottery of Mycenaean, which extends between the 14th and 12th centuries BC and beyond. An important finding that sheds light on the development of ship technology and iconography on ceramic ships is a Mycenaean representation of a ship on Bademgediği Tepe vase. In this epoch, the city reached a zenith of cultural and economic life and was mainly a part of the Kings of Hellenism in Pergamum.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Selcuk, Selcuk, Izmir Province, Turkish Aegean Coast
"The Pattern: A Language Before the Alphabet"
The hand-made oriental rug is not merely a work of art, but a journey in time and space to an ancient realm of beauty and mystical charm. No other art form bridges so many centuries spans so many cultures and captivities so many people as the Oriental rug. Hear the stories behind the attractive patterns and colors. They are stories, beliefs and prayers. See the original images, picture writings using tribal and religious symbols, the same symbols used in architecture and sculpture. See how the method of creation has remained relatively unchanged for over two millennia. Join us here today.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Guests must contact Deren Koray Tourism at least 24 hours before your product date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation. Please use the contact details on your confirmation/voucher.Airports
- Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport, Dokuz Eylül, 35410 Gaziemir/İzmir, Turkey
- Izmir Port, Umurbey, 35230 Konak/İzmir, Turkey
- Kuşadası Sahil, Türkmen, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/4/2020 - 2/27/2022
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- For healthier travel experience, we will be upgrading our standard vehicles to SUVs, MPVs and Vans for 8 people or less and 16 or 33 seater minibuses for 9 people or more, both options at no extra cost. All medical regulations will be adhered to during this time until further notice for your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.