Scuba Dive the S.S. Yongala Wreck on the Great Barrier Reef.
Go open-water diving on the SS ‘Yongala’ wreck, considered one of the best dive sites in the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Your day trip to one of the largest and most intact historic shipwrecks includes two dives with a choice of tanks and weights or full equipment. Enjoy lunch and refreshments on board, and make the most of your dive with a certified guide (optional hire). Numbers are limited to 21 to ensure personalized attention on your small-group excursion, departing from Townsville or Magnetic Island.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Iced water, cordial, tea and coffee
- 2 dives on the S.S. Yongala Wreck
What's excluded :
- Guided dive. An additional AU$10 payable per person per dive direct on the day of travel. Compulsory for divers with less than 15 logged dives
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch - FOOD NOT PROVIDED DUE TO COVID-19 UNTIL 31st March 2021. A $15.00 discount applies to trips not supplying food.
The S.S. Yongala Wreck is rated among the Top 10 Wreck Dives in the world!
The Wreck is situated in the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and is protected under the Historic Shipwreck Act (1976). The artifacts, marine life and variety of corals that cover the wreck are simply spectacular. The wreck begins 15m below the surface and extends to 29m. Since it is the only large reef structure in the region, the marine life gathers at the wreck creating Australia's BEST dive site.
Everything on this wreck is big- Big Fish, Big Schools, Big Wreck, BIG ADRENALIN!! Often seen are turtles, sea snakes, giant trevally, Queensland gropers, eagle rays, manta rays, sharks, thousands of tropical fish and in the cooler months, humpback whales
The opportunity to site whales on their annual journey to warmer waters on our Great Barrier Reef tour during whale season. The humpback whales enjoy putting on a show for customers with tail slapping, pectoral fin waves and sometimes - full breaching!! WOW!
• Adrenalin Snorkel Dive, 66-70 Perkins Street West, Railway Estate, Townsville, Queensland 4810 Australia
• SS Yongala Dive Site, Cape Bowling Green Ayr, Alva Beach, Queensland Australia
Departure Point :Fuel Wharf, Breakwater Marina, Breakwater Marina, Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Certified divers only. Minimum qualification: Open Water Diver. A minimum of six logged dives required prior to diving this site
- Divers with less than 15 logged dives must be guided with the dive leader (An additional AU$10 is payable direct on the day of travel
- Divers must present proof of certification to crew on board on the day
- Please wear your swimwear and bring a towel, hat, sunscreen and camera
- All passenger heights, weights, shoe size, number of logged dives and last dive date MUST be advised at time of booking.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.