Scottish home cooking experience - Vegan style
Im a Polish-born, down to Earth food lover, who settled in beautiful Scotland. Since changing my diet to plant-based, I became a person keenly interested in food, both eating and cooking.
Since my first time stepping foot here, I fell in love with this unique and beautiful country and had a chance to get to know the cuisine too.
As a result, I have decided to combine these two things and offer guests an unusual experience of Scottish traditional home food - vegan style.
From a professional point of view, I graduated Hotel management and tourism in the academy of hotel management and catering. I have spent many years working in this business and have also took time to travel, learning about food and cultures different countries has to offer.
I am a non-professional cook with a huge amount of enthusiasm, so I assure you will enjoy your dinner.
You shall be welcomed to my cosy flat, in the centre of Glasgow for a nice, chilled out atmosphere, meeting new people.
I look forward, Dx
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wines, Selection of Scottish beers, Single malt Scotch Whisky will be included for guests 18 years and over.
- Soda/Pop - Selection of soft drinks and water will be provided.
What's excluded :
- After a short introduction and getting to know each other with a glass of wine or soft drink, we will get going with preparations and start cooking a traditional four course Scottish meal. The plan for the evening is to create home made food with a difference - no animal products will be used in our cooking.
We will get busy with peeling, chopping, frying and stewing, but its going to be worth it! - I promise. Food is hearty and flavoursome - just like the Scottish character.
I will go through the ingredients in each dish and show you the method to make the meal -appetiser, starter, main and dessert.
To reward ourselves after our hard work, we will then sit down and eat what we have just prepared and sharing our thoughts and opinions of different flavours on the pallet and textures in ones mouth. As this is a Scottish dining experience, each guest will be offered a wee dram of single malt Scotch Whisky. We will also have a chance to talk about each others experiences of Sustainable food, plant based diet, foods from around the world and Scotland - I enjoy finding out about others experiences.
• Smoked salmon and cream cheese oatcakes - Home smoked vegan salmon, sliced thinly on cream cheese, served on a Scottish oatcake and delicately finished with a seaweed caviar.
• Cock-a-leekie soup - Next up is what's known as "Scotlands national soup" which is a hearty, vegetable soup in a rich broth served traditionally with a stewed,sweet prune.
• Haggis, neeps and tatties. - Scotlands national dish - Home made haggis, turnips and potatoes, with a peppercorn and scotch whisky sauce.
• Cranachan - For a sweet treat, with whipped Whisky cream, Scottish oats and raspberries this sweet is light on the pallet and truly divine.
Departure Point :Railway Station, High St, Glasgow G1 1QF, UK
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Guests should be 16 years old and over.
- Guests under 16 years old should be accompanied by adults. Children 2 and under are free to attend.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.