Scenic Desert Tour by Bike
Join us on an unforgettable and unique ecological Namibian cycling experience. Feel the fresh coastal air, take-in the silence and breathtaking scenery of the oldest desert in the world while enjoying the thrill of cycling up and down Namibia’s famous dunes. Guaranteed to excite and offer an unforgettable and unique cycling experience. A Swakopmund must for both the scenic appreciator and adrenaline seeking adventurist. No air or noise pollution and shallower tracks than even footprints makes Fat Bike Touring the most ecological way to explore our desert’s delicate habitat.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fat Bike
- Experienced guide
What's excluded :
- Pick up and drop off at accommodation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Swakopmund Fat Bike Tours, 6 Hendrik Witbooi Str, Swakopmund Namibia
On our Scenic Desert Tour you will experience the oldest desert in the world on a fat bike. On your arrival at our office you will be kitted with a fat bike to your size and helmet. After a short briefing we head off on our bikes from the center of town towards the Swakop riverbed, passing through our historic town. Once we reach the edge of town, we head down into the dry riverbed where the desert experience starts. Not long and we start climbing our first dune. From here we spend about an hour in the dunes where you will experience the thrill of riding along the famous Namib dunes including some optional adrenaline pumping downhill sections for the adventure types. The guide will also share some interesting facts about the desert and the vast life in the seemingly lifeless environment. It is truly a living desert.
The tour ends with a ride along the dry riverbed towards the coast and with the tide allows, some riding along the beach back to the office. A once in lifetime experience.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :6 Hendrik Witbooi, Swakopmund, Namibia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Min age: Depends on height and fitness level, must be able to ride a bike for 14km and approximately 2hrs continuously, including up several dunes. Our half size fat bike is perfect from 7 years old.
- Max age: Depends on fitness level. Must be able to cycle for 2hrs continuously, including up several dunes.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.