Savor Colombo's Street Food
A tour for the taste buds! There is nothing quite like the street food of Colombo, the different cultures of the city ensures its diversity and their use of the spices in the region are used in more ways than you can imagine. You will be guided through the less well-known parts of Colombo as evening draws in, where food, often in unusual guises, is everywhere. Begin with a king coconut drink and proceed to see the city sites while tasting typical Sri Lankan street food like hoppers, wadey, and kottu roti from the places where locals love to snack. Eat, eat, repeat, indeed! On this tour, it is also possible to look but not sample. This is great for adventurous travelers who want to discover Colombo’s authentic street food.
• Taste Colombo's legendary street food
• Private tour: only you & your local host
• Taste the best hoppers and kottu roti
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Street food
- Drinks (local)
What's excluded :
- Who can resist Sri Lankan street food? Nobody! Not even Sri Lankans after all these years of living here. The crispy and hot prawn wadey, ulundu wadey, kottu roti, kadala, hoppers - all Sri Lankan specialties. While Colombo Galle Face Green is famous for vendors and stalls selling all these spicy and mouth-watering finger food at the dusk, there are various famous street outlets selling these local savories which people generally enjoy with a steaming cup of ginger tea. So hit the streets and eat the Sri Lankan junk!
Try the best street food in town and get a sense of how life is in Colombo. We will not only taste a large variety of food and speak about its origin but also touch on the history of the different areas we will be visiting. The only thing you need to make sure is to come hungry as there will be a lot of food!
The price includes all the food, drinks and transport. Please let us know if you have any food allergies or other requirements so that we'll be noted to avoid them. We can make the tour both vegetarian and vegan too if required, no worries!
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Colombo
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.